cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Issues and lack of reply/support

dazzler1

Speed Issues and lack of reply/support

Hi
I have been laising with Plusnet staff for a several weeks regarding my slow connection speed.  I have been told in the past that the speed I had been achieving an average of .5 is the best I could get.  I phoned and pursued it after speaking to neighbours who were on same service and they had good speeds of 2meg and above.  
It was identified that my line had been capped for some reason due to it constantly being switched off at night.  I was never told by anyone that my router had to be left switched on 24 hours a day to acheive maximum speeds.  I'm very fire safe at home and have always switched everthing not neccesary  at night off.
My line was monitored for a while, constantly got promised call backs, which were noted in the faults system, never got them, I had to constantly chase Plusnet to find out what was happening.  It was decided a BT engineer was required and I took the day off to allow the engineer to come, 8.00 - 1.00pm was my alloted time.  At 1.30 I called to find out where the engineer was only to be advised tha Plusnet wasn't allowed to phone BT for a couple of hours after alloted time just in case the engineer had yet to update the notes - how efficient is this, makes me feel great after I've wasted a day.    The smart operator said I maybe hadn't needed to stay in as the engineer might just have been going to the exchange - this made me feel even better, customer focused - NOT!  The first operator that booked the appointment certainly didn't say this.
Was promised a call back, had to phone a few times and update the faults log with requests a few times before anyone bothered to do anything.  It was eventually established that the wonderful BT had identified a generic fault in my area and had decided not to attend the fault until this was resolved.  A communication company that forgets to communicate - wonderuful!   A new engineer appointment was promised and I asked for a better time slot than all morning or  afternoon and that it was the least that could be done due to the previous failure.  Again, no one bothered to phone back or update the faults log.   Eventually spoke to a supervisor, I felt like I was asking to speak to the President of USA it was so begrudged.  I was informed that my line was fine now and that was why no one called me back, how rude, I was waiting for a callback and Plusnet just decided not to bother!  I told the supervisor my speed was not fine and many speed tests still showed the speed at .6 on average.  The supervisor promised to monitor my line and pone me back in one week, this is noted in the faults log - Guess what - he didn't bother and I'm still wating!  
Anyone at Plusnet care?  I certainly do not feel that you do, not one time has anyone taken ownership of the problem and saw i through, I've had to speak to and correspond with so many different people for a communications company I suggest you improve you customer communications!

Darren
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Speed Issues and lack of reply/support

Hi dazzler1,
I'm just going through the tickets now and have already fed back regarding the lack of callback. I'm really sorry this has been dealt with in the way it has thus far.
With regard to your fault, I'll post back shortly when I've reviewed the tickets and found out where we are.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Speed Issues and lack of reply/support

Ah - having read further I can see that James Bailey has this in hand. As other forum visiters will no doubt attest he'll get things sorted for you.
Once again I'm sorry things had to come this far and for how this was dealt with over the past couple of weeks.