cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Halved After Bad Dropouts.

MwEmpire
Grafter

Speed Halved After Bad Dropouts.

Have had major trouble with connection, no sync with Open Reach over the last week just perfect with my kids and Xbox after Christmas but Ho Hum.
Finally my router has the green lights at last, now surprise surprise a drop from 71.26 Mb/s to 37.26 Mb/s, I have a  raised a ticket  #79177300 and requested an engineer to resync.
Just incase, can the powers of Plusnet try anything first ?
All the best to all while i'm here  Smiley  Smiley
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Speed Halved After Bad Dropouts.

Hi there,
I'm afraid there's nothing, we'd need an engineer to investigate. Couple of things regarding the ticket though - I can see it's been raised as a phone line fault, which means if an engineer attends he won't be able to reset the fibre speed because he'll be there to look at the phone line, was that deliberate? If so no worries, if not let us know (and please update the ticket with relevant info regarding the fault) so we can move it to the correct pool and get the right sort of engineer sent out.
The other is the engineer times, as per the previous response they're available on weekdays either between 8am and 1pm (am slot) or 1pm and 6pm (afternoon slot). We'll not be able to find out when the earliest slot is available until the fault is raised, so if you could let us know three slots you'd be available for we can get that booked without having to delay things further?
MwEmpire
Grafter

Just had an update on the ticket and it sort of hinted that the speed drop is just in keeping with the DLM and an engineer is unlikely because its not really a fault. This is not quite correct and engineer did reset my speed back to UP:18.7Mbit/s- DOWN:74.5Mbit/s on the 1st of August this year and it has been solid since until the 31st December when i had no or little connection time and DLM  sent the speed back down because it couldn't sync, there must have been a reason for the connection drop ( rain, lightning rumbling traffic and other Bt excuses ) but now it has connected its obvious an Engineer will need to reset it.
I have updated my ticket with this info as well.
MwEmpire
Grafter

No response to ticket does that mean a 30% drop in speed is acceptable ?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

No it just means that Plusnet's support is so overwhelmed at present it is often days before responses to tickets get looked at.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)