Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / -
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down): - / 0 / 0
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.24 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.25 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 0.25 Mbps
Usually have at leat 4Mbps, this is really slow.
If anyone can help please let me know,
Cheers,
Daniel
7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Speed Fault after problem with BT telephone line

Ring up and ask for a SNR reset.
Once that is done and you see a sensible IP Profile it will also need the current line speed in the Plusnet portal to change - that should happen a few hours later but again one of the support agents should be able to do it immediately.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Daniel,
Welcome to the forums.
Looking at your router stats, I suspect that you are on a 20CN service (wilds of Norfolk" rather suggests 21CN has yet to arrive - check here - http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php) which implies ADSL at a max synch speed of 8128 which us what you've got with lots of noise headroom.
A SNRM reset will not help UNLESS that is the action required to fix the line's IP / data speed banding.
If the above link shows that 21CN is available and there is capacity, you could ask PN for a re-provision and you should see markedly better speeds.  All this will either need to wait for the DCT on Monday or as suggested by Jelv, you can try calling the support desk.
The two things you need to see move is the BT IP profile shown in the speed test and the current speed in the PN portal.  Iirc from memory at your synch speed on 20CN you should see a profile of 7.5Mbps.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

danielpaulscott

Hey thanks for your help folks.  Have had SNR reset and not made any difference.  Fault is being escalated.  We have 20CN service.  This has been added to my fault in PS system:
Upstream Link Info
Loop Loss Loop Loss Add Text SNR Margin Errored Seconds HecErrors Cell Count Speed
9.5 31 0 0 25943 448
Downstream Link Info
Loop Loss Loop Loss Add Text SNR Margin Errored Seconds HecErrors Cell Count Speed
14 11 0 0 78596 8128
DSL Max Data
BIP Interface Data
Current line rate Line rate change timestamp Maximum Stable Rate Recalculated ProfileTimestamp Maximum Stable Rate
250 2014-06-27T15:23:58 N 2014-04-10T09:14:04 8128
Fault Threshold Rate Interleaving Flag ServiceOption ServiceOption Status ServiceOption Update Timestamp
6502 A 1 THIS LINE IS STABLE AND WELL WITHIN ERROR/RETRAIN LIMITS FOR THE CHOSEN SERVICE OPTION (ILQ=GREEN) 2012-11-05T05:11:04

sync/bras inconsistent CCSNR: 2-98496579984
The line rate change timestamp coincides with the time we lost our telephone line yesterday when the BT engineer was working in the village.  I have a vague idea what some of the rest of these data mean but if anybody can shed any more light on it I would be grateful.
Cheers,
Dan
danielpaulscott

Sorry should have read PN system not PS system!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Daniel,
I suspected as much - a SNRM reset (I assume there was a resynch?) is not going to fix this one.  The issue is this bit...
sync/bras inconsistent CCSNR: 2-98496579984

The profile is not correctly aligned to the synch rate.  It is the profile which limits the rate at which data can be transmitted to you.
Did that link indicate if 21CN is available on your exchange?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

danielpaulscott

Hi Kevin,
  Thanks for the info and help.  We don't have 21cn here unfortunately, but what we do have is now fixed and a lot better than the pigeons we had before ;o)
The guy at Plusnet posted: New BRAS would be adsl7150 and twenty minutes later, we have the internet back up at 6.95 Mbps.  Bad news is, we now have a thunderstorm which usually means power outage out here for between 3s and 24hours so I had better get my 12v router cable plugged into the car cigar socket in case and be ready with the ipad!
Thanks to all who offered advice and thanks to Plusnet for a speedy resolution.  BT still hasn't even acknowledged my telephone fault from yesterday, never fails to amaze me that Plusnet and BT are essentially the same company when there is such a massive difference in their customer service skills.

Best,
Dan
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Dan,
Same group but completely separate and independent companies, BTOR showing the same contempt for all ISPs alike, aside from possibly BT Retail, who seem to get preference, though stickabke evidence is hard to verify.
Good luck with the weather - have you considered buying a small ups to keep things going through power cuts... Or until you can do a controlled disconnect?
Kevin