cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Drop

Siddy
Grafter

Speed Drop

So for a little while i have been having issues, my internet seeed has dropped and instead of getting 400-500kbs download to 150-200kbs download for files as for youtube it seems to be unsuable because i have to keep restarting the video and finding the place it stopped working this can be frustrating n annoying. I know what your going to say LOWER THE QUALITY OF THE VIDEO!!! Well, 360p is the minimum quality i will watch and thats wha im currently at yet im constantly plauged with having to restart the video because the service will not buffer enough and if i leave it to sort it self out, well i might as well go for a pint then restart the video...
You advertise a speed of 4-5mb to me that is what it says in my account too yet im only getting 1.5mb a second can i ask why this is? Also on broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk the ping is jumping from 100-400ms and when i use cmd.exe the fist ping was a whopping 200ms.
btwholesale check:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.59 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1.2 Mbps-4 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 4.29 Mbp
11 REPLIES 11
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Speed Drop

Your line had a connection 'blip' a couple of days ago where it connected up at a lower speed, this in turn has caused the profile to drop. The line is now connected back at it's normal speed, so I've nudged the profile on our side to match. Can you try logging in to your router and doing a single disconnect/reconnect. You should notice an improvement in speeds.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Siddy
Grafter

Thanks, i did try turning the router on and off before this post but that didnt seem to do anything. I guess like you said it needed to be done your side first.
Siddy
Grafter

Id would be lovely to be able to watch youtube without interruption, but every single day no matter who im watching, what im watching or how long the video is it will stop and i have to refresh the page and seek back to the point i was at.
Siddy
Grafter

Link Information

Uptime: 7 days, 13:45:07
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.3
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 888 / 5,223
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/GB]: 6.14 / 103.38
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.8 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 27.8 / 51.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 7.0 / 3.9
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 18 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 2 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 34,276 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 55,628 / 110,093,827
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 116 / 5,581
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 192 / 23,079
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

The profile on our side as well as the sync rate and bRAS all look acceptable. Presuming you are still trying on a wired connection, we may need to look further into these issues, at fauls.plus.net.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Siddy
Grafter

Aaah the old aged response of "everything is fine our end" aka its you, your networks fault or the websites.
I get it nothing is going to be done just like when i reported i was losing internet connection i was "imagining it".
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm not saying that nothing is wrong, but I haven't been able to find any problems.
Feel free to raise a fault report here for further diagnostics to be done if you like.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@CRT,
What is the target SNRM on this line please?  The 3.9dB reported above could be indicative of REIN present if the target is 6dB.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

The target is indeed 6db
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Tony,
Thank you.

Siddy,
For circa 18:30 when you took those stats, the SNRM was 2.1dB down from where one might expect, which could be indicative of REIN.
Which router do you have?  If it is the TG582n, please down load router stats and configure as per the links in my sig.  Lets take a quick look at how your SNRM is behaving throughout the day.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

The "Configure RS" link in your signature goes to the "Speed faults -  information needed to help diagnosis" thread.