cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special offers?

tonycollinet
Grafter

Special offers?

I will be signing M&D in law onto broadband in the near future - either with plunet, or whoever my brother in law uses.
They will likely be low users, but I am not sure that 1GB is enough for anyone these days. They won't need anything near 15GB though.

So are there any special offers on option 1 with increased allowance at the mo.
Thanks.
15 REPLIES 15
Not applicable

Re: Special offers?

Until the end of January there was the offer on Option 1 of £5 off per month for 3 months plus 10GB allowance - excellent value.
I understand that this has been extended but someone will correct me if I am wrong.
BTW Option 1 now comes with a 2GB allowance which is sufficient for most casual users of the Internet.
Also, 12 m.n to 8 a.m. counts as free allowance - I use Option 1 but downloads such as updates I usually do before 8 a.m.
Check out this page: http://community.plus.net/ regarding your referral bonus.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

James said this week extended til Mid Feb, thats nearly up Plus if you refer now you get a healthy 8 times referral bonus
tonycollinet
Grafter

Where do I find a link to sign them up to the 10GB offer? Is the 10Gb allowance permanent?
Thanks.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Not applicable

Tony - if they go ahead, be sure to sign them up using Pierre's link. I made a mistake a few weeks ago and signed someone up via the normal signup page and had to telephone CS to get it changed. Also, the offer includes a wireless router which is not applicable with the usual product which gives a one-port ethernet router.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Thanks all
Looks like that offer will swing it. Does anyone know the exact day the offer expires.
If I need to move quickly, will try to get them signed up today. I think I need credit card number for payment, their phone number name and address,
Anything else?
Not applicable

Yes, best to sign up with credit or debit card then there is no waiting around for direct debits to be set up.
Name, address, telephone number and as they are not on broadband right now the mac code isn't a problem.
Don't forget to put your own username in the box provided so that you get the referral value.
I recall that it was a wireless router with the offer, but might be worth a check.
My last referral took about 9 to 10 days to get up and running.
mal0z
Grafter

Don't forget you can include telephone as well - it is a very good offer.
http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/12/11/new-10gb-special-offer/
But as light users - I guess they would get no where near 10G, we have a 2G allowance on the office account, where I am now - and we never reach 2G.
avalon
Grafter

I think you need to use direct debit for the home phone though.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you can use a credit card for the initial set up to save time while the DD gets set up
tonycollinet
Grafter

Well that's the inlaws signed up.
Anyone know any specific date on which the offer expires? I have someone else interested at the moment, but they need to get their MAC.
James
Grafter

Hi Tony,
They're running up until the close of the 16th.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Thanks James - I'll let them know.
tonycollinet
Grafter

And for a bit of a positive feedback James, here is a quote from the cycling forum I have been pushing this on. At least 2 people who value the support from PN staff on the forums.
Complete thread is at:
http://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=14943.0

Quote from: rafletcher
Quote from: tonycollinet

I now have an answer back from plusnet on how long the offers last (this is one of the best things on plusnet - staff answering questions in the forum)
They're running up until the close of the 16th.

So you need to get your MAC this week.

The highlighted text is one of the major reasons I went with PlusNet.