Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Increase

godsell4
Rising Star

Re: Spam Increase

Quote from: iashton
All 'passed' by DSpam as innocent - 1 in 199 chance of being Spam!!

Yep ... and now that PN are not using the Spamcop list of known open relays in the equation used by DSpam this problem is exacerbated ... a quick check this morning I found that 14 out of 15 of these messages were all known spammers according to Spamcop. Sad
Sad that PN has stopped using Spmacop.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
waldron
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
It was announced in these forums here, as a  Service Status and to the Comms Blog on the front page of the Community site.

I suspect that many thousands of PN customers do not have the time to read through pages and pages of notes every day. They just expect a system which works.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It has been suggested before that everyone could have been emailed but there are technical issues involved with this....apparently.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Rodge

Having spent much of todday trying to get Plus Net's support team to take note of my compliant I see that I am not alone. I to have had a huge increase in spam, mainly with offensive subject lines. In the last 24 hours or so around 250 emials forwarded to the Puls Net Spam trainer.
This has so far proved to be a waste of time as even as I write spam is hitting the in-box.
Like others I am now looking to use another email system, as Plus seem unable to cope. All was fine until they 'lost' email addresses in April / May. Thye said they would fix it and to be fair at first the number of spam mails was faily low. Over the last couple of weeks the elvel has become unreasonable.
Until this is resolved I will not be recommending anyone else to Plus.
Pooksgreen

I have been getting loads of spam over the past few weeks, today I forwarded over 50 to Metronets spam emial address but it seems to be getting worse, all are for "male enlargement" and have pretty crude and offensive email titles, I am getting worried as my kids use the machine, it seems to be taking an age to get this sorted too, anyone got any ideas to help ?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Strat
It has been suggested before that everyone could have been emailed but there are technical issues involved with this....apparently.

If Plusnet emailed everyone inviting them on the the Postini anti-spam trial you can bet your bottom dollar they would have had a load of complaints from people who have selected the I would prefer not to receive electronic communications about the special offers, promotions and services available from PlusNet option that they were being spammed by Plusnet! Wink
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pipscouse
Dabbler

I am getting REALLY angry about this now!! Since I started forwarding spam to the plusnet despamchecker address, the amount of spam I am getting has gone UP!! Is forwarding this spam actually confirming to the spammers that my e-mail address is valid - hence producing MORE spam? This Postini thing that PlusNet is banking on had better work or I am afraid I will be walking and finding a new ISP. 200 odd spam e-mails per day?? I am getting to the end of my tether with this. PlusNet - I think I am speaking for alot of your customers. Get it sorted AND SOON!
BaldEagle

I have a .me.uk domain (<private domain>) in addition to the default plusnet one.  Currently, all the spam that I receive comes through as <username>.<plusnet> - I've turned-off the catchall as recommended, but the system does not seem to recognize any difference between <username>.<plusnet> and <username>.<private domain>.  Apart from having my <private domain> hosted elsewhere, can anyone offer a solution please?
Strat
Community Veteran

Quote from: jelv

If Plusnet emailed everyone inviting them on the the Postini anti-spam trial you can bet your bottom dollar they would have had a load of complaints from people who have selected the I would prefer not to receive electronic communications about the special offers, promotions and services available from PlusNet option that they were being spammed by Plusnet! Wink

Absolutely correct jelv
That was one of the technical issues I was alluding to.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Strat
Community Veteran

I have one account on the Postini trial and one not.
The non Postini account is currently getting 200+ Spam emails daily, the Postini account 50 or less a day.
I totally expect the non Postini account to be so 'deluged' and am not concerned as I can see the result of the 'Postini Effect' on my other account.
Naturally I hope the Postini trial ends soon and is fully rolled out to all customers.
Most people who have been following the various threads on the subject have high hopes for Postini as have PlusNet.
Time will tell.
The_10th
Grafter

WTH is going on with Plusnet SPAM today - I have had over 60. I am not in the Positini trial but then neither should I be to have little to no SPAM as has been the case in recent months.
As I say, what is going on - not impressed and PN wouldn't be the ISP I'd recommend based on this situation.  Sad
chippy
Dabbler

Sad yep loads here too,I still forward it all on to the spamchecker but still it comes  Angry
Spider
Grafter

I didn't realise option 2 was available because I am sure I have not seen it mentioned anywhere before. Know I need to check my own settings and raise a ticket Grin
puddy
Grafter

today out of 114 messages 113 were spam
puddy
ps I am getting more spam on the postini trial than before
godsell4
Rising Star

The non Postini account is currently getting 200+ Spam emails daily, the Postini account 50 or less a day.

Now you would think that is a roaring success ... I have a corporate Postini account through my employer ... on that account I get maybe 5 a week ... so still room for improvement at PN !
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed