cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Increase

Rikaitch
Grafter

Re: Spam Increase

The other thing I can advise is something like Mailwasher which is free and very reliable. So taking an extra step to check your emails is a pain, but hey so are the spam emails.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: jelv
Quote from: PJ
The majority of staff, along with the majority of users, are currently on their Christmas breaks.

That may be the case, but for DSPAM to work it needs training on a daily basis - that obviously has not happened over the Xmas break. If there were not enough staff to do this essential routine task they should not have let so many staff be on holiday.

It has been confirmed that I was correct:
Quote from: pwebb
I have just checked and it was trained on the 24th and will be trained again today.
The reason for this is not due to Postini or any other projects, but simply due to the reduced staffing levels over the Christmas period.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Which is why my main mailbox received more unmarked spam than marked spam today
yladnhoj

Let me clarify that statement- there has been no response from PlusNet to comments made in these forums because those staff in the Comms team who deal with e-mail and spam are on Christmas break.

Fantastic!! So PN has no system in place to deal with what can only be described as a 'disater area'. Surely there must be somone 'on call' to deal with this emergency?? Has it been communicated to someone higher up the line than the moderator of this forum?Huh
I agree that tickets have been dealt with quickly but the one I raised to try and reduce the amount of SPAM to my mail account was clearly dealt with someone who didn't understand the system. I submitted a reply to his response but am still waiting for that reply to be dealt with.
It still doesn't address the underlying isssue as to what PN are doing or intend to do in the next few days to alleviate the SPAM problem. Please Moderator can you escalate this to someone who has the authority to answer the questions that you are not able to respond to?? It may be holidays but life and Spammers continue to operate.
yladnhoj

I have had tickets closed in less than an hour over the Christmas break which is not symptomatic of under-staffing.

Sorry, but not true! I've just checked and the one I submitted took 2h and 2mins. Pretty good I agree but don't exagerate and as I said previously the quality of the response was 'pants' since the 'tech' person obviously didn't understand the system!
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Quote from: artmo

What on earth has been going on at the front desk in the picture?  looks like war has broken out Smiley
On a serious note, I also had very quick responses to tickets over Christmas.
Moderators note by Roger (rogerloxton) : Fixed bbcode tag for you Smiley

I think your note refers to the next post and not mine. (Post #49)
upthepars

i am also getting 30 to 40 spams a day.i phoned plusnet and they did not seem interested.told me to try trials.plus.com.but could not get any site with this address.HELP
artmo
Aspiring Champion

This thread is now 2 days old and in that time there has not been any response from PN.  They're normally very good at providing information. They must surely be back working normally again.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have received another 36 emails promoting Marketing and enhancing certain parts of the anatomy so far today.  That have not bean marked SPAM.  PlusNet get your finger out & upday spam.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

I have raised a ticket number: 23761140
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Wordsmith
I can't see anything - it's telling me that AXIS ActiveX Camera Control can't be registered on my computer. 
Can anyone tell me why please?

You probably need to run this Wordsmith....
http://www.tutorialsteam.plus.com/axiscameracontrol/AXISCameraServerControl.exe
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Richard_261
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
Quote from: Wordsmith
I can't see anything - it's telling me that AXIS ActiveX Camera Control can't be registered on my computer. 
Can anyone tell me why please?

You probably need to run this Wordsmith....
http://www.tutorialsteam.plus.com/axiscameracontrol/AXISCameraServerControl.exe

Blimey! It worked.
I couldn't see anything and was presented with incomprehensible jargon-speak too.
I clicked the link above and now everthing is wonderful.
(At least I can see a small handfull of staff sitting round scratching themselves)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Wonderful thing technology Smiley
PS Thanks to Legendary John and Moderator James for access to the file.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
iendicott

Increased Spam

Why is it lately I seem to do downloading about 30 pieces of spam a day. It was fine up until about 3 weeks ago, now I am getting spam in my default account and additional accounts ?
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Re: Increased Spam

Please see the Topic: Spam Increase.
Please see the Topic: Have spam filters been trained over XMAS?