Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

South African CSC agents?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

South African CSC agents?

Some quotes from yesterday's EOD blog:
[quote=James from Comms]I’ve also been working in the forums and looking into some problems that the CSC have been talking to me about, both here and in south Africa!
[quote=Tam from the Web Team]Dan’s been working on the customer service bits of Workplace to better support the South African agents.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: South African CSC agents?

Hi John,
The South African CSC analysts are only supporting the madasafish brand.  Now that madasafish is being integrated into our platform, we're also responsible for looking into problems affecting their customers.
We've got a couple of our guys out there at the moment (apparently it's about 30C) helping training them on Workplace and other backend systems that we use.
Not applicable

Quote from: Jameseh
(apparently it's about 30C)

Yeah, it was getting that cold in Bangkok too over night.... Grin
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

After suffering greatly at the hands of an ISP with an outsourced Support function. I could see that there will be a temptation to outsource certain Plusnet functions to South Africa.
Is the plan to keep support for madrasfish in South Africa? Even after integration? Even for a UK brand?
You will no longer be able to claim that all Customer Support is UK based - which was a major reason for my choosing Plusnet.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Not applicable

All PN CS is UK based.
If you sign with MAF its a different story for the time being, but the support model for MAF is still the same, just that now they have the advantage of being part of the PN group.
James
Grafter

Hi Jeremy,
We have no plans to outsource our CSC to South Africa, nor do we have any plans to move the CSC out in SA over here.
I can fully appreciate how there would be concerns regarding this.
All PlusNet support continues to be UK based.