cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, but another customer speed enquiry.......

GE90
Grafter

Sorry, but another customer speed enquiry.......

Hi,
Changed from ADSL to fibre on Monday, and although I am aware that there is a '10 day train time', it isn't looking good at the moment......
Download speed seems to have settled around high 20's - low 30's Mbps, when tested using the BT Wholesale site by Ethernet. My estimated line speed is 47 Mbps.
Can anything be done? Raise a ticket or await expiry of the 10 days?
Many thanks
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Sorry, but another customer speed enquiry.......

Hi there, looks like you should be seeing somewhere in excess of 60Mb as that's the profile on BTs side as things stand - there's nothing on our side of things slowing it down either. By the same token though it looks like our supplier's systems still haven't picked up the change fully yet in spite of showing the improved profile, hopefully that'll update over the next couple of days.
GE90
Grafter

Thanks Matt
Certainly well short of that at the moment. Hopefully see some improvement soon......
GE90
Grafter

A week has now passed, and I have not seen anything close to 40mbps, let alone 60+mbps!
More of concern, half way through an online exam the internet connection dropped this morning! Wireless was still connected, just no internet...... All of my connected devices suffered the same.
As I have these exams daily, any chance my speed and connection drop could be investigated ASAP?
Thanks
James
Grafter

Hi GE90,
If you visit http://faults.plus.net our Faults Team will then be able to investigate your connectivity issues for you.
GE90
Grafter

Thanks James.
Right, the connection drop seems to have been the result of an update being pushed by PN to my router.
Speed - connecting directly to the router by Ethernet gives a DL speed of 72mbps! However, using the BT Wholesale tester in wireless results in 40mbps.
My router is the Netgear 6300, so should I be surprised of such a drop? I have selected the best channel etc, and my wireless seems strong, which does not answer why my download speed drops so much over wireless!
Any ideas appreciated, thanks
GE90
Grafter

Morning
Any ideas on this? Interested to know why I loose 30mbps when using wireless, and whether this is normal/typical?
Many thanks