cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry.....But I am sick to death with the problems on my line.

alex7127
Grafter

Re: Sorry.....But I am sick to death with the problems on my line.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Alex, I would say that is fine as it is, just keep monitoring so all can see what is going on.
I don't know how well you get on with your neighbour on the Village Network, but if you can see if he was doing anything with his connection at ~1140-1145, just a discreet enquiry, nothing suggestive of blaming him or it being his fault (even if it turned out to be that network) - it's a case of trying to eliminate any obvious possibilities, as you may recall we've talked about before.
Should it ever turn out to be that, then we'd have to consider what methods would be best to minimise or eliminate such interference.
alex7127
Grafter

Hi....no problems I get on with him just fine.....asked.......nothing unusual.....was working at this time.  (home worker). It has to be bourne in mind there are loads of people on this estate using Village Networks......
alex7127
Grafter

Detailed DSL stats.
Alex Crazy
Anotherone
Champion

OK, we could see how that changes should the untoward happen in the near future.
Any one else near you with Village Network? Have a gander in particular if any of the antenna point over you (obviously will depend on neighbour location and location of mast supplying feed).
alex7127
Grafter

Good morning,
In my close there are at least 4 users of Village Networks....yes some of their antenna dish things do point over my house to the supplying mast. Overall on this estate there are many 10's of households on the Village Networks. If it were to be any one of these households that was my potential problem.....I really do not knoe how I / anyone would/could find out. Although I do not like doing this....if VN was the cause then I think I would have to treat the symptoms.
Have held this sync for nearly 21 hours now SNRM trundling along 8.5db area, dropping to 7.5db for a few hours during yesterday evening.
Alex Crazy
Anotherone
Champion

Thanks for that info Alex, it helps put things into context. IF it were to be VN causing an issue, it would likely be from one of the nearer households. Don't worry about it, as I've said previously, it's a case of trying to eliminate any potential possible causes. Although VN shouldn't be a problem, in the circumstances, eliminating it wouldn't be easy so best moved down the priority list for the time being.
Let's hope the sync continues to hold.
alex7127
Grafter

Anotherone.......my current sync survived this event today....see the RSL attatchement.
Alex Crazy
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

This is looking like a job for a REIN engineer!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion

Well that's been said before, but you know how difficult it is to get one of those!
But a TPM hasn't been done which is one option that ought to be tried just in case, if the problems continue to affect performance.
(I say problems because there could be two separate things going on here).
alex7127
Grafter

Anotherone......just had a further 'event'.....just like all the rest of late. I attatch the current RSL graph
I was around when the resync happened....so I got the Router DSL stats....within abount 13 minutes. Whatya think?
Anotherone
Champion

To my eyes, this looks more clearly like either something switching on and initially causing such a large spike that the SNRM went to 0 and so a resync, OR some physical problem on your connection,  where abouts, who knows!
Whatever the cause, there's a lot of FEC & CRC errors in that short uptime, suggesting the presence of noise/line disturbance somewhere, also reflected in the RSL plot.
IIRC on the 582n, a resync causes the FEC & CRC error count to be reset (but not the HEC error count).
Thankfully the sync speed didn't drop much. What's your Current Line speed (Login required) ?
Edit: see Reply #57, new information.
alex7127
Grafter

Anotherone.....another 'event this morning...sync survived it this time!

Alex Crazy
alex7127
Grafter

a
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I saw similar events, though not so severe, which I eventually realised were due to my wife switching her computer on and off.  So please do look out for anything happening elsewhere in your house that might correlate.  If you can eliminate that possibility then you will have to try to look further afield.