cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry.....But I am sick to death with the problems on my line.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Sorry.....But I am sick to death with the problems on my line.

Guys, I'm pretty sure Alex won't want to be bothered with reflashing firmware etc. Just plug in and go!
stallan
Grafter

There are plenty on ebay already flashed.
Just search on DGTeam and it brings up 834GTs and 834PNs.
Anotherone
Champion

I don't believe I said there weren't  Roll_eyes
alex7127
Grafter

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  It's  back!!!!!
Estragon
Rising Star

What time does your central heating come on?
Anotherone
Champion

Not that - been there done that, done it all - please read the thread! It's QRM.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: alex7127
It's  back!!!!!

But at a completely different time of day, from what I remember.  I know this is profoundly annoying and it looks as if you probably lost sync at the outset but the excess noise was not too severe thereafter.  I wonder if your neighbour's connection survived or if he lost sync at the same time.  The up time on his Netgear will be the time since the last PPP connection.
Anotherone
Champion

The neighbour's uptime is certainly worth checking. The problem has occurred at that sort of time of day before, once quite regularly, but not for a while now.
RR, as you've got an DG834PN if you could post the links for the interface to access the Line stats, errors and the Uptime for Alex, I know that would be extremely helpful to him.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Thought I'd done that but I must be thinking of another thread.
When you log on you should arrive at the Router Status page.  If not, click  Router Status under Maintenance in the left hand menu column.
At the bottom of the Router Status page click the button marked Show Statistics.  A pop-up windows will show you the attenuations, noise margins and the WAN uptime.
These instructions will work for any model of Netgear router I have encountered.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Note that to get the errors you can either use routerstats (if it is supported) or telnet in and use this command "adslctl info --stats" which should give the full information (ignore the quotation marks and note the space between info and -- )
Estragon
Rising Star

RouterStats does support the 834PN but I never used it to get full stats.
The telnet method probably needs
... you may find before you can telnet into a Netgear router that you need to enter the following in your browser URL bar:-
http://192.168.0.1/setup.cgi?todo=debug
That opens a window empty except for “Debug Enabled”. You can close that window immediately.

Having of course enabled telnet if your version of Windows defaults to Disabled.
I found the quickest and easiest was to DMT 8.07, tick "Special login" in the options - which sticks, (maybe you have to Save - I forget.  That special login causes DMT to run that debug command without opening a useless Window), and select that adslctl info --stats command from a drop-down in tab2. That also sticks.  So after the first time it is extremely rapid, with no typing.  Just copy/paste from the results box then close DMT.  (Running DMT for long alongside RouterStats which I had on 24/7 messes up).
Anotherone
Champion

That 2nd tip is the easiest, except I'm sure you need DMT v8.0-7 (I'll suggest you edit the post so no-one gets confused on subsequent reading). Select English and Annex A when running the first time.
You also need to enter the appropriate modem/router Login and Password and you can tick "autoconnect on startup" (as well as "special logon"). All that sticks as well.
Personally I'd use the info3 tab because it's bigger (you'll need to scroll up the list to get to adslctl info --stats ). Click Send, then highlight the whole text in the box with the cursor key and then <CTRL>C to copy it to the Clipboard and paste from there.
Estragon
Rising Star

Sugar! Sugar! Sugar!  Embarrassed
I checked the list on the site, then must have gone cross-eyed. Fixed, thanks :).
I used an 834PN for a long time, until I moved to FTTC.
alex7127
Grafter

Anotherone - bad day today....will try and get a grip tomorrow!.....thanks for your understanding.
Alex Crazy