cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Son can't play game online

naggingcowbag
Dabbler

Son can't play game online

Hello there , I have been with you since 8/12/14. I moved from TalkTalk . Unfortunately we are finding that your service is slower than TalkTalk , my son likes to play Counter Strike online with his friends but he is unable to do so with Plusnet . We are finding the service much slower than TalkTalk which is a great disappointment , we had been recommended to use you by friends as well . Am seroiusly thinking of Canceling our service with you as it it so poor .
16 REPLIES 16
spader
Grafter

Re: Son can't play game online

The guys (and gals?) on here seem really helpful, I'm sure they'll help get any problems sorted.
They'll probably ask you for some more information to help figure out what's wrong. This thread here has a lot of useful information:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
If any of it seems confusing to you then get your son to help Smiley
I'm a big counterstrike fan myself, and I've been happy with plusnet on 1.5Mb adsl, 72Mb fibre, and now 18Mb adsl. Hope your son can get back to playing smoothly soon!
picbits
Rising Star

As above - can you post your router stats so we can get a better idea of what your connection looks like ?
Ta Smiley
naggingcowbag
Dabbler

Thank you both for your relies , how do I find my router stats ? Sorry I'm very dumb when it comes to Internet type things  Grin
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

the link given in the first reply explains
naggingcowbag
Dabbler

I really don't know what I am looking for (so sorry ) is it any of the figures that I am about to post
jim:green image removed as it includes the full login name - paranoid moi mod:end
naggingcowbag
Dabbler

Another set of figures
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

You're nearly there - click on 'DSL connection' and then 'Details' (right hand side) when logged into the router, then copy and paste the info straight into a new post in this thread.
AndyH
Grafter

Can you put in your phone number here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ and tell me which cabinet you're on?
naggingcowbag
Dabbler

Hi Andy , it says I'm on cabinet 1
naggingcowbag
Dabbler

Is this the details you need ?
picbits
Rising Star

They will be the ones Smiley
Is your son playing from a wireless connection or does he have a lead between his console / computer and router.
I notice the router has only been online for around 10 minutes - had it been turned off for any reason or do you experience disconnnections  on a frequent basis ?
naggingcowbag
Dabbler

Hello again Doms S , no we haven't switched the router off , we often lose connection , my son uses a powerline adapter on his computer , I have just ordered him an extra long Ethernet cable to see if that helps him .
picbits
Rising Star

It might be worth one of the Digital Care Team checking the connection/disconnection status of your connection when they get in tomorrow - if your router is disconnecting a lot then it will interfere with gameplay.
A long cable is great - it will rule out another potential issue Smiley
Fingers crossed you get it all sorted.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
The line is dropping out, but has been a bit better since Friday:

Is the router currently plugged in to the master socket? http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/master-socket-guide.shtml
The speed you're getting, 4Mb/s, isn't the fastest but should be fine for gaming.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.