Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone please help me!!!

andrewturner149
Hooked

Someone please help me!!!

I joined plusnet at the end of july

since being with you my service has been awful - every now and then the line will drop or run at speeds so slow all times out.

After talking to your support teams eventually a bt engineer was sent - he decided all was fine upon entry ran some speed tests looked at a old socket and said the cables from the street connect to a small white extender box and then go to the master socket so thats fine and left - prompting a 'glad your ok' email from plusnet

with the problems still continuing someone looked into it further and said no line drops and did a speed test all was fine  and can communicate with the router well - even though my router was unplugged at that point.

so it was moved to a manager who got someone else to check said plug into test socket ( we still in this today at his request) speed was fine and went nowhere again.

spoke to another engineer who was really helpful said he can understand what the issue is its not a connection dropout its a degradation of service he also noticed the line kept erroring which is most likely to cause my problem - suggested that someone should turn on error protection or interleaving he then passed it to faults

today i get a message and a full on report showing me speed is fine and i have had no more drops ( remember im in test socket also) but i see his report shows regular interference observerd and also errored seconds and severe errored seconds at some point.

then telling me all is good in a nutshell have a sunny day.

regardless of the errored readings and the engineer who said that will explain your issues im still in the test socket - so that should have been resolved at very least.

also the plusnet hub seems to make a screaming sound if high data is ever accessed.

please someone help me as if i have to call and go through this again i will cry Sad  

9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Someone please help me!!!

Hi there,

I'd like to pick this fault up for you and make sure we're doing all we can.

My shift is about to end so I will respond tomorrow AM.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andrewturner149
Hooked

thanks adam

will be much appreciated hope you get somewhere as i tried calling the CSC and all i got now is a rude man saying your looking at it go away, wouldn't even let me talk to a manager to raise a complaint on all this. feel the great plus net user service i did hear about is showing cracks - my only regret is so far I'm with your for another 1yr 5months Sad

hope you can help me.

andrewturner149
Hooked

Well it's now 14:27 AM is well passed and nothing. And there was me feeling optimistic.

Ironic part is I showed your results to sky broadbands social media team and they had ideas what may be causing it.

Now they may just be ideas but thats way better than I'm getting from plusnet
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Andrew, I've had a busier day of it than expected I'll get back to you shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Having seen the latest comments on the ticket about the possible issue with a ringwire does your master socket have a test socket available to connect to?

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andrewturner149
Hooked

Hi

It's already in the test socket I'm afraid. Was advised to test via that about 4 days ago
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for confirming that.

Logs show the connection has been up for over 48 hours and diagnostics don't show any problems with speeds.

I'm aware you have mentioned you have issues regardless of connection type but before I can take things any further can you perform a speed test here whilst connected over Ethernet?

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andrewturner149
Hooked

Already done this I'm afraid. Many many times.

It's erratic. Tho most times speeds fine. Just seems to 'freak' out
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Assume you've been through the online fault reporting pages here; when you pick up phone is there any background noise by any chance?Huh