Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Dsl but no Internet

Totty79
Hooked

Solid Dsl but no Internet

Hi,
I am on my 4th day without Internet. I initially reported a fault on Tuesday 2/5/23. At that time the router had a flashing Dsl light. Open reach went out to the exchange to fix it, which didn't work. They went again yesterday and I now have a solid Dsl light but no Internet. Plusnet have said an engineer needs to come out to my property but they are not available until Tuesday. Plusnet say that something is not synching (I don't understand the detail).
I want to double check if there is anything I can do and if it definitely is an issue open reach need to resolve.
I am using a Billion 8800nl. I have restored factory settings and setup again but still no Internet.
On the diagnostics page is says that Adsl synchronisation passes, but the tests relating to the ISP fail. I will try to add a picture.
On diagnostics if I test the "next connection" it passes the "test ppp server session".

Is there any possibility this is an issue at my end, is there anything else I can change/check/test in my router? Can it be confirmed it's definitely an issue requiring open reach and is not an issue with plusnet?
Any help would be great!
Thanks
Rob
8 REPLIES 8
Totty79
Hooked

Re: Solid Dsl but no Internet

I have attached an image of teh diagnostics page.  Please let me know if more info is required.

mavison
Grafter
Fixes: 1

If you have reset your router, I suspect you would have to re-enter your signon details. Have you done that, or were they still correct?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 425

@Totty79 

Have you got a Plusnet hub that you could try? Alternatively have you checked that your configuration details are correct by using them to log into your account?

Did you enter all the configuration details correctly after the reset? https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Totty79
Hooked

Hi Mavison,

Thanks for responding.  Yes, I have re-entered sign on details and gone through setup.  

Thanks

Rob

Totty79
Hooked

Hi,
Unfortunately I don't have the plusnet router. I have used the same password as my login to plusnet and the other setting look correct.
Notice on the summary page that primary and secondary DNS are four 0s.
Not sure if that is relevant.
Thanks
Rob
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Anything in the logs regarding CHAP or PPP?
That's RPM to you!!
Totty79
Hooked

Hi,
I'm away overnight but will take a look at logs tomorrow.
Thanks
Baldrick1
Fixes: 425

@Totty79 

This really does sound like incorrect VLAN, log in details or not setting encapsulation to PPPoE. I would log into the Plusnet account to check out that the username and password are correct. Then factory reset the hub and start again from scratch making sure that there are no typos or spaces, especially when entering yourusername@plusdsl.net 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'