cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft Reboot Thompson router

daskinner
Grafter

Soft Reboot Thompson router

Hi, Can I reboot the router so it doesn’t affect my speed? The reason I ask is everytime my router is switched off and on my speed drops by around 1/2MB and I have to wait a few days for it to increase back to what it should be. My download speed this morning was very slow and i think it might be down to the problems which PN are experiencing, I've seen a few posts saying it's back to normal after a reboot but I don’t want to do a full reboot as it messes with my download speed so is there a soft boot option and if so would this mess with my download speed? Hope this makes sense.
1 REPLY
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 46

Re: Soft Reboot Thompson router

A single reboot every day should not cause a drop in speeds. If you say did that in the region of 10 times plus per day then it would cause issues with speeds. So unless you've already done this a few times already today I'd go ahead.
To answer your original question anyway you should be able to do a soft reboot in the router interface.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team