cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So wheres my speed

mathewlisett
Grafter

So wheres my speed

I added a further £5 an hour ago and yet my speed is still in the bracket of dial up. whats going on
13 REPLIES 13
mathewlisett
Grafter

Re: So wheres my speed

right speeds restarted now, only took 2 hours for it to finally kick in...not impressed by that
matt_2k34
Grafter

Quote from: mathewlisett
only took 2 hours for it to finally kick in...not impressed by that

How quick did you want it? .... Perhaps better management of usage would of been a better solution, or adding the extra before you "really needed it" ?
The VMBU data can be up to 2 hours behind - So the same would be said for the DTW data I would have thought.
Still, enjoy the 'line speed' free period now that it is back Smiley
Regards
mathewlisett
Grafter

the thing about it being 2 hours behind i dont believe has ever been explained. and i had only gained an email late this evening,
matt_2k34
Grafter

Quote from: mathewlisett
the thing about it being 2 hours behind i dont believe has ever been explained.

You mean, you didnt bother to read the page correctly..

its on the right hand side - although recently the wording of said phrase has come into question - and it should read...
"Usage in the last two hours may not be shown"

i had only gained an email late this evening,

The VMBU tool is available 24/7, via any internet enabled device - It's very simple to check it...
On Plusnets Members Centre
On an iOS device
...to name but two very simple methods of checking your allowance. Ignorance doesn't give you the right to blame Plusnet for being 'slow' when they give you the tools to monitor things yourself.
Regards
mathewlisett
Grafter

first and four most don't take that snotty attitude with me. especially when your not a member of staff.
2nd it seems my speed was short lived, ive had about 36 minutes of normal speed and then just now my speeds been cut down again.
and im dyslexic there are many things i may miss especially when its small writing such as you have pointed out.
matt_2k34
Grafter

first and four most don't take that snotty attitude with me.

I wouldnt go that far to say snotty - However coming to a public forum to complain about something, when you've not bothered to look (or failed to help yourself), or failed to ask for assistance - when thats "just how it works" and is documented on the portal, what are you to expect?
2nd it seems my speed was short lived, ive had about 36 minutes of normal speed and then just now my speeds been cut down again

Interesting, Perhaps you should say how you're trying to download something? (e.g. P2P its quite possible the speed has dropped due to there no longer being fast peers available, or your lack of sharing means you're no longer receiving peices as fast, as the torrent is favouring those who are sharing back to the swarm.)
If its a download site/server - its quite possibly just busy, particularly if its US-based (or that way on, dont forget its late evening (e.g. peak time) there currently.
A lack of any details means its very difficult to assess what or where the problem is, You've also provided absolutely no statistics about your speed or sync rate or what kit your using... I'm no mind reader, the "dial up" speeds you were getting (256k... not quite dial up) were just browsing? whats a "normal" speed?
there are many things i may miss especially when its small writing such as you have pointed out.

There are several things which can be done to aid you if this is the case, have you tried

• Altering the resolution of your screen (smaller will be less smooth, but everything will be bigger)

• Increasing the zoom on the browser itself, 

• Using a browser which allows you to import your own CSS sheets (this lets you edit the formatting of the page on a per site/per page basis) - I have used this in the past on this site due to being colour deficient and Community used to have a horrible scheme

Regards
mathewlisett
Grafter

i was actually testing the speed via speedtest.net as i always do.
and ive just sent a support ticket as the speeds have just dropped again, plus on the usage page its telling me im having being billed an extra £15 ontop, which ive only authorized £5 so something isn't right.
and for you to assume i hadnt ried to help myself is ignorant and basing on assumption of another person ability. i checked my speeds before i did the topic and checked for any status issues as i always do.
and i expect people to be respectful and not to jump to assumptions as you had done .
i appreciate all help but not when the attitude is not correct
matt_2k34
Grafter

A lack of any details means its very difficult to assess what or where the problem is, You've also provided absolutely no statistics about your speed or sync rate or what kit your using... I'm no mind reader, the "dial up" speeds you were getting (256k... not quite dial up) were just browsing? whats a "normal" speed?

You still havent provided any details of what you're trying to do.
plus on the usage page its telling me im having being billed an extra £15 ontop, which ive only authorized £5 so something isn't right.

Indeed, was the DTW set to a limit prior to adding £5- or not - or set to £0.00 ?
Interesting, Perhaps you should say how you're trying to download something? (e.g. P2P its quite possible the speed has dropped due to there no longer being fast peers available, or your lack of sharing means you're no longer receiving peices as fast, as the torrent is favouring those who are sharing back to the swarm.)

What are you trying to do - other than speed tests....
i was actually testing the speed via speedtest.net as i always do.

Poking around the forums - You'd notice that many people are complaining about speedtesters (and their inability to show 'accurate' results) - so whilst a good indicator - currently i'd say that isn't a valid reason to complain of poor speeds - I've quoted myself above as you've still given no indication of what is "normal" what is "current" and what you're trying to do which produces slower - than - you expect - results... As you've already pointed out I'm just another customer - I cant see your account details or your line stats... so if you dont provide them what are you expecting the public to do?
Plusnet Staff wont be online until probably around 8 - plus the delay in them finding the thread by which point you've wasted your free period. Giving as much information straight away would have been helpful - as if it was something I could help with - i could have done this two posts ago.
Regards
mathewlisett
Grafter

6.7mb/s is normal
currently its 0.22kb/s
im currently trying to download videom from youtube which the rate is arounf 28kb/s  and trying to watch youtube.
the usage was set at 10, untill it maxed which i then added 5, which at 2am the speed of 6.75mb/s kicked in but only lasted 36minutes
matt_2k34
Grafter

If you already had it set to 10, and added 5 surely a billing of 15 is correct - unless you mean it has already taken 10 - and has subsequently taken 15..? (I would imagine this is why the DTW recommends you change the amount at the end of your billing month rather than mid month) - the ticket you've put in should get that corrected if the latter is the case.
if the speed had been uncapped- it wont have been recapped in off-peak time, so i would suggest the issue lies with either the site you're using to rip YT (If your using something like video2mp3 which downloads then sends data from them to you (rather than direct from YT) - or the server particular videos are being served from is having issues.
Do other videos stream/play OK?
Regards
mathewlisett
Grafter

it stated 15 ontop of the 10
all sites and videos are running slow, and the download assistant from plusnet with nothing elese downloading is having issues downloading its stuff to do its testing.. so something isnt right.
mathewlisett
Grafter

as of 5.30am the speed came back to around 6.30mb/s after rebooting the router, then 20 minutes later dropped again . so had to reboot the router again for the speed to come back.
so is there an issue with the router. and i cant test with other routers as there all previous BT hubs which i cant log into.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mathewlisett,
I've just been looking at this and it looks as though you originally set the extra spend as £10.00. When you logged into your account last night, you were somehow able to set the extra spend to £5.00. This is not £5.00 above your original £10.00 but £5.00 in total. The system should not allow you to set the DTW to less than you've already used so I've raised an internal problem (ID 70709) to have that looked into.
The billing for your account is only showing that you'll be charged £5.00 extra at the end of the month, even though your View My Broadband Usage is showing £15.00. The correct extra charge should be £10.00. I have detailed this on the problem. At the moment, your account is restricted due to the data transfer watch being reached for the original £10.00 you set, which is correct, as you have used just over 20GB in total. The only way to un-restrict the account would be to log in and change your extra spend to £15.00.
I hope that makes sense.
Jojo Smiley