cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So slow.....is my broadband on strike???

jkd

So slow.....is my broadband on strike???

I am getting rather peeved off right now.
I rang in 10 days ago to complain about the speed of my broadband (which I finally have had enough of in the past year). My connection keeps dropping.
I rang in and the lady said that my interleaving was switched off and that it will be switched on again.
It's now 10 days later and the service is even worse now. I can't seem to get online. My internet pages time out.
I am using my neighbour's connection (she gave me her password!) whilst I type this.
I want to leave.
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: So slow.....is my broadband on strike???

If you would like some help please provide the information requested here with the exception of the Bt speedtest as it probably won't work http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html and have you started the fault process
jkd

Is this enough info ?Huh
Postcode:
Phone exchange: EALING
Estimated line speed: 5Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2010-12-25 23:47:33
Current line speed: 0.35 Mb
It's a joke....I  used to get nearly 17mb with Bulldog ADSL+2 only three years ago, same cable !
I started the fault process 20th May and it's gone worse.....from 3mb to 0.35mb as you can see above...
Oldjim
Resting Legend

How about the present router stats
Have you tried the test socket - is it possible that a filter has failed
jkd

I don't know how to test it.
Anyway, Plusnet has admitted that my connection has been dropping and it's running at such a dire rate for some time....
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Try using the test socket with nothing else connected and compare the router stats to that and the normal location