Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So much for SuperFast Fiber

BigTabs
Grafter

So much for SuperFast Fiber

So here's my little story
When i signed up in april to PN i was estimated 39meg everything ran smooth shortly after speed was diabolical 16-20meg down
Openreach came out could not sort jack all just repeating themselves im to far from PCP and they where asking why and how its available in my area. After 3-4 openreach guys there was no chance anything could be done
Then PN said my estimates were now 31meg
So that has frustrated me
the point of sales was the 39 not 31 sorry if i'm being ridiculous
16meg and the contract/ ( Point of Sales estimates )
Just Total Nightmare in Elms street 
6 REPLIES 6
BigTabs
Grafter

Re: So much for SuperFast Fiber

Just so people can see
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

That's very interesting. What date did you sign up? I see there's no date included in that document - that is very poor Plusnet  Roll_eyes
What was your actual installation date?
BigTabs
Grafter

22nd April 2013
picbits
Rising Star

Weren't you told by BT that you had aluminium lines and wouldn't be able to get much more from your line ?
It doesn't matter who you move to, if the line won't physically support it, you won't get any extra speed.
http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Downstream-and-upstream/m-p/829786
BigTabs
Grafter

Thats right i have ali lines pcp is approx 862 meters away in straight line not including cable routes
most of the time i get disconnections and i dont mean 1 or 2
picbits
Rising Star

Unfortunately in that postition, you have to either bite the bullet and see if you can get capped on a slower speed for stability or even regress back to ADSL2 if that was more stable (I remember you from BE as well).
The only other option is either some kind of wireless system (Radio DSL or 3G/4EE etc) or cable (Virgin Media)
I suspect as you use it a lot for gaming, radio would be potentially too unreliable.
I'm sure one of the customer support will pick up on this tomorrow anyway. You can't really blame Plusnet though as you've had similar issues with your previous two ISPs.