cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So long and thanks for all the fish!

ed
Grafter

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Whoot! My exchange is now ADSL2 enabled and it opens up a new world of internet possibilities! Just requested my MAC Smiley
I've been with Force9 for 10 years, since 14k modems, but as F9 is no more I think it's time for me to be no more also.
The packet shaping thing stopping my stuff working was the final nail in the coffin for me.
Good luck fellow ex-F9ers, live long and prosper.  Cheesy
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: So long and thanks for all the fish!

ed,
What speed were you getting with us and who are you thinking of going with?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

chillypenguin
Grafter

Ed
Before you jump too high with joy.
Unless you where getting 4M+on MaxDSL you are unlikely to see any speed improvement. And for ADSL2 to be really worth it you need to be on 8M already, with a S/N over 6dB.
Chilly
ed
Grafter

I'm on 2mbps at the mo but that's because I missed the whole ADSL Max thing hoping I wouldn't get clobbered with packet shaping, but I was Sad
"You are approximately 303 metres from the exchange (straight line distance). " LOL  should be good Wink
Probably Be Unlimited. I'm not sure what their unlimited policy is like but I can't see any bandwidth limits in their T&C.
What's important to me is no messing with my game server packets. I'd be happy if my speed was just 1mbps if the ISP left it alone.
I also have the option of Virgin cable unlimited but they their up-traffic speed is only 768Kbps compaired to Be's 1.3 - 2.5 Mbps, so i think they are being a bit stingy.
James
Grafter

Hi Ed,
Sorry to hear that you're leaving.
We would, have course, have been more than happy to have upgraded you to the Max service and I'd be more than happy to do so if you were to stay.
But that's entirely up to you.
All the best with Be*.