cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So its not just me Re: Speeds/Connections

GersFans
Grafter

So its not just me Re: Speeds/Connections

I'm so glad I came to the forums, not been here in a while since my broadband has been stable for a long time, now I have problems I decided to check out here to see if anyone could help.
Boy am I glad I did, looks like there are more than a few people experiencing what I am going through, I love to see a pattern as it gives you more ammunition in reviews/ofcom.
No information being included as I see enough in the other posts to go by, but thanks for looking.
9 REPLIES 9
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: So its not just me Re: Speeds/Connections

I guess by the tone of your post your clearly don't understand how an ADSL connection works. If you did understand then you would realise that NO ISP has any influence on the quality of the line between the user and the exchange. If this line goes faulty then it will mess up your broadband and you need to raise a fault. If indeed you do understand how an ADSL connection works, then what is the point of your worthless post. You obviously need help, but not of the type available here.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm guessing that he's read enough here to do things like check at the test socket, install RouterStats, use 17070, bell wire issues etc. Perhaps when he's run through those he'll post back if he still has issues.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

...or having followed all the useful advice around here, raise a fault report at http://faults.plus.net
At least it is better than hiding under the bed sheets saying "Woe is me and it's no better out there for anyone else...!".  One has to do one's own stuff as is applicable to one's own situation, even if it looks similar to everyone else, it is not the same.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@jelv
Grin I doubt it, look at his (few) previous posts.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry to see that the line reset seems to have caused problems, following an engineers visit this is a common next step to restore the speeds on the line back to where they were previously. I can see that you've commented on your fault ticket so our faults team will pick that back up and respond to you asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
GersFans
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
I guess by the tone of your post your clearly don't understand how an ADSL connection works. If you did understand then you would realise that NO ISP has any influence on the quality of the line between the user and the exchange. If this line goes faulty then it will mess up your broadband and you need to raise a fault. If indeed you do understand how an ADSL connection works, then what is the point of your worthless post. You obviously need help, but not of the type available here.

Woa slow down tiger, if I wanted any responses I would have detailed my issues and asked for help, I did not, therefor there was no need for you to embarrass yourself by trying to look smart but failing miserably. How you managed to gauge my inteligence on ADSL from the "tone of your post" says as lot more about you than me, dude....
Quote from: Anotherone
  I doubt it, look at his (few) previous posts.

You really are a first class female child feeding attachment aren't you? Then again I am just going by the tone of your post.
Sounds fair to me.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

And you support Rangers sad  Lips_are_sealed
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Suggest this thread is locked as the OP isn't actually seeking help?
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Agree - reckon the OP deserves his wish to get no further responses.  Wink