cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Annoyed At Plusnet and BT Openreach.

theograham1612
Grafter

So Annoyed At Plusnet and BT Openreach.

So today was the day to finally get fibre optic.
Two engineers came both with MJ Quinn, asked me where I wanted everything it all went fine, then one engineer went to the cabinet to switch me over, came back and told me that the appointment shouldn't have been booked because BT haven't installed fibre sockets or whatever it's called at the new cabinet. So everything was changed over so my whole day has been wasted and I had to take two nights off work to make sure this went in which means I've lost £260 for absolutely nothing, will I get compensation? No. I'll get excuses for it, I'm so pissed off right now.
6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: So Annoyed At Plusnet and BT Openreach.

Yet another Openreach screw-up.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
theograham1612
Grafter

In fairness I can't be annoyed after doing a speed test.

The speed is the usual but the ping, I was at 40ms before they installed the data extension cable.
picbits
Rising Star

Cloud / silver lining / etc etc
Still not good news about the FTTC Sad As Strat said above, another BTOR messup Sad
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi theograham1612,
Really sorry to hear that fibre wasn't installed successfully for you today.
I have checked your order and we are now waiting on the notes from the engineer. They are normally updated on your order within 24 hours of the visit. Once we have the notes updated we'll be able to contact our suppliers regarding this and as soon as we have an update we'll be back in touch with you. I have forward ticket 81107701 to our fibre team and they will monitor for an update over the day tomorrow.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You can't claim compensation for this visit because you would have had to take the time off anyway. However if you have to take extra time off for the next appointment you can claim full compensation. See http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
theograham1612
Grafter

Quote from: Linn
Hi theograham1612,
Really sorry to hear that fibre wasn't installed successfully for you today.
I have checked your order and we are now waiting on the notes from the engineer. They are normally updated on your order within 24 hours of the visit. Once we have the notes updated we'll be able to contact our suppliers regarding this and as soon as we have an update we'll be back in touch with you. I have forward ticket 81107701 to our fibre team and they will monitor for an update over the day tomorrow.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Hi Linn K,
The engineer told me that BT OR hadn't put in fibre sockets or something so they couldn't switch me over. Hopefully it's sorted soon but I think I'll be waiting a few weeks at least even though the BT OR website is saying that my exchange is accepting orders.
Quote from: jelv
You can't claim compensation for this visit because you would have had to take the time off anyway. However if you have to take extra time off for the next appointment you can claim full compensation. See http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights

Hi Jelv,
Thanks for the heads up and hopefully they can just activate me at the cabinet at the exchange, the only problem working nights is I need to take two off so I can be awake for the engineer and not groggy at work.
Does anyone have any memories of this kinda thing happening to anyone though, it's rather strange.