cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snr reset

davidfriedlande
Grafter

Snr reset

Hi, after days and days of stable connection, i get either my wife accidently turning the router off or a power cut. After one of these events my profile is reduced quite a bit and my snr set too high. Why is the DLM so aggressive? If i am connected at a higher rate for days why reduce it so much?
Please can someone take a look and do a reset for me?
Thanks in advance
David
9 REPLIES 9
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Snr reset

one power cut to the router would not be enough for DLM to kick in.
are you sure you don't have other things affecting your line?
AndyH
Grafter

Can you post your line stats from your router?
davidfriedlande
Grafter

DSP Firmware Version A2pB025f.d22k
DMT Status No Defect
Operational Mode ADSL2+
Upstream 1075
Downstream 7227
SNR Margin(Upstream) 6.3
SNR Margin(Downstream) 8.9
Line Attenuation(Upstream) 24.7
Line Attenuation(Downstream) 42.5
After a previous reset i was at 9.5 down which was stable for a least a week, then after one accidental power off i am at this
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi David,
I've just run through a few checks on the line (you may have noticed the session drop a couple of times) and it appears that the last change to the speed via DLM was back on the 26/09/14, does this line up with the power cuts at all?
It does appear that the meantime between errors have jumped up just before the change and the initial fault check did flag a potential copper line issue (the second test didn't and phone line checks returned nothing). Are you noticing any kind of noise on the line at all?
davidfriedlande
Grafter

Hi Adam,
yes it was about this time that my profile reduced. i have not noticed any noise when using the phone at all.
Would i qualify for a reset based on this?
Thanks
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This user has had a number of issues over recent months,  The need for repeated SNRM resets must have a underlying cause, which repeated resets are not addressing.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi David,
We could certainly submit a request to reset your SNR however as Townman points out, this doesn't fix a fault, it just covers it up and would most likely manifest again in the near future. Given that this has been some time since the change and the line has remained relatively stable I'll submit a reset for you however if this drops again, we would need to go down the route of faults investigation.

davidfriedlande
Grafter

Thanks Adam, i am now at a much better rate.
Just need my PN profile adjusted as still at 6.3 and BT shows:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 5.98 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 8.4 Mbps
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for confirming,
This should now be updated for you so if you don't see the speeds change, you may just need to log into the router, disconnect and reconnect to pick up the new speed profile.