cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV can`t connect through - help please!

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Smart TV can`t connect through - help please!

Good point, but why would the router say Static against a particular MAC address unless its been reconfigured in an unusual way?
Maybe that's the problem?  Undecided
Though if it's the router how do we know that refers to the TV?  Wink
OP (Paul) - where did you get this from?
Quote from: pauljbloor

Physical Address: c0:d9:62:89:fd:57

IP Address Assignment: Static

IP Address: 0.0.0.0

Note that you set the IP address of a static IP device on the device itself, NOT in the router. So maybe that's why you can't change it  Wink
Though you shouldn't be using Static IP anyway...... Roll_eyes
onlymestevet

I've got a Samsung Smart TV, to get it to talk to the router there's a settings page on the TV Network menu where I set it to DHCP. Then the router picks it up, gives it an IP address, and everything is hunky dory.
It wont be anything to do with Plusnet, or with the router supplied by them, it's almost certainly a setting on your Smart TV. It should be fairly simple to set it to DHCP, or AUTO, it'll be under the Network section of your TV menu.
Last thought. My TV has inbuilt WiFi, or I can run an ethernet cable to hardwire it to the router. I have to tell the TV which I want to use, then set it to DHCP.
Good luck.
pauljbloor

Thanks for all the replies. I got home from work today armed with a nice long Ethernet cable ready to plug it in and something told me to try resetting the tv to shipping condition. I did this and went through auto setup and you guessed it, the tv is now Smart! So it was a straightforward case of resetting the tv after all that! Happy days.