cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Disconnections

Boz
Rising Star

Small Disconnections

I've recently experienced a number of small, but frequent, disconnections; more noticeable when using BBC Iplayer.  What causes these disconnections?

Boz
6 REPLIES 6
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Small Disconnections

Hi,
It could be any number of things! I've checked your connection logs and you seem to be solid for a few days then have intermittent problems for a few days before going OK again.
There are a number of tools we have available to help us to stabilise the line, but these aren't much good if the problem is at your side. Can I check which of the tests you've already tried? If you look at the sticky at the top of this forum, you will be given a bit of further information.
Please let us know how you get on so we can progress further for you.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Boz
Rising Star

Hi Tony
Thanks for the reply.     Unfortunately I had a flood through the house and the computer was destroyed.   It may be months before I'll be able to use the line again.
In the light of my current situation,  is it possible to link my account to a different but temporary phone number?
Cheers
Boz
dick:quote
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If the phone number is a different line we'd need to go through the house moves process, which would likely tie you in to a new contract. You could give our cancellations team a call (also known as customer options) as they deal with house moves too and see what options are available to you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Boz
Rising Star

It will only be a temporary move while the insurers dryout and redecorate the house.    Surely there must be a way for PlusNet to accommodate this situation without setting up a new contract.
Boz
Cruise85
Grafter

I understand that this is a fairly odd situation to be in, and one that hopefully wont have to encounter again
Best thing to do would be to speak to our home moves team and see what they will be able to do for you
Boz
Rising Star

Thanks Matt.    I'll contact the Homes Move team.
Please close this thread.