cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowness in my broadband speed

Gilla

Slowness in my broadband speed

Hi there,
I have started using Plusnet since 9th Jan 2010.The service and speed is good, but suddenly from last 5 days my broadband is too slow and even not able open mail box.Done the speedtesting using btspeedtester it shows results as below average. I called plusnet customer care on Monday and advised me to wait 3 days.But nothing changed after 3 days also still same low speed....don't know all of a suddenly speed gone down..strange..Can anyone help me please?
Thanks,
Gilla
6 REPLIES 6
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Slowness in my broadband speed

1. Is your router switched on/powered up 24/7..... it should be..
2. have you tried to re-boot your router - i.e. power down, leave for 15 minutes then power back up and let it re-connect?
3. If you haven`t re-booted..... I suggest you do so, but only do it between 10:00 and 15:00  (and do it only once.)
4. after re-boot do a speed test, and then post the results.
5. can you access your "router stats"?    if so, post them with the speed test result.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hmm everything appears ok from our side, you had an intermittent connection for a few days but that now seems to have cleared up. Your line profile is set at 9000 and you should be seeing much much higher speeds than you are currently getting. Can you try logging in to your router control panel and asking it to disconnect/reconnect?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Gilla

Hey Hey  My lovely Plusnet is back...Thanks a lot all.....Now my speed is back and working perfectly from yesterday onwards. :)...but still curious to know what caused my low speed suddenly..
Gilla

I used to switchoff my router before going to bed...might be the reason for sudden drop in slowness...
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

YAY !... result ! ! !...
leave the router switched on 24/7  unless you get a really close lightning storm, and then I would unplug everything ! ! !... Wink
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Could it have been congestion at the exchange?