cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower speeds

hongsubchat

Slower speeds

Hi I had Plusnet unlimited fibre installed around 2 weeks ago. I was estimated 72mb, and my current line speed has always shown 68mb and my ip profile is 68.01Mbps. However from doing speed tests I have never had download speeds above 45mb.
I had an engineer visit today and he said everything is working as it should. I moved from EE 38mb fibre because I thought I could get 72mb with Plusnet, however my speed is basically the same as is was before.
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Slower speeds

Hi hongsubchat,
I'm sorry to hear of the lower than expected speeds you've got there. The Speed Tests you've run, are these done at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com including 'Further Diagnostics'?
hongsubchat

Thanks for your fast reply! Yeah that's right.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thanks, that's great.
I can see that your Fault Ticket is back with our Faults Team pending further investigation. I'll ensure this gets picked up as soon as we can for you.
hongsubchat

Hello, still haven't heard anything. Am i going to paying for this months internet even though I am not receiving the service I signed up for? Also the wireless signal I get from the router is significantly worse than what I got with my previous provider and the equipment they supplied.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Sorry for you wait, I'll get that picked up for you now.
Regarding your wireless, it might be worth trying to change your wireless channel - Guide to see if that if that helps.