Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speed

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Slow upload speed

HI steveuk75,
Best thing to do would be to see what upload you get with a wired connection, then we'd be able to see whether it was a line issue or just a wireless issue.
Jojo Smiley
steveuk75

Bingo! I feel stupid for not trying that earlier! 5512/378Kbps! That looks better, doesn't it? 🙂
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi steveuk75,
yes that's about the same upload I get. So it is wireless you seem to be having trouble with. Have a look here and here for some other possibilities to improve your wireless connection.
Jojo Smiley
steveuk75

Thanks jojo, I tried moving the router around the house and changed phone sockets but didn't make much of difference. What did make a huge difference was the channel it was using! I changed it to 6 and now getting upload speeds of 303kbps 🙂
Thanks again for your help!!!
Kind regards,
Steve
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi steveuk75,
Thanks for letting us know, I've seen a few people with similar issues so maybe this will help them too.
Jojo Smiley
john567

Hi Jojo,
I have the exact same problem with slow upload speeds and tried the steps here. With a wired connection I get over 0.3 but with wireless only 0.03. I tried changing the channel number but no improvement. Download is fine (over 6). Any ideas? John
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi john567,
This is something a few other people are also experiencing. Have you done the firmware upgrade? Have a look at this thread to see what we're doing to try to get this issue sorted.
Jojo Smiley