cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speed

oldgeezer
Grafter

Slow upload speed

I recently had to raise a question with Plusnet Support after a neighbour had a new line installed by Kelly's and my download Sync speed was banded down to almost half of the speed I was getting. I waited a couple of weeks for the DSLAM to correct itself and then contacted support.

They have restored my download speed to where it was (around 8000 kb/s) but my upload speed has been cut from 1000kb/s to 448 kb/s.

Is it likely to eventually return to it's previous value or will another PN intervention be required ?

6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Slow upload speed

another intervention will be required as it needs uncapping

oldgeezer
Grafter

Thanks for that Oldjim.

To be honest I'm getting cheesed off with PN. I know it's not their fault but some very nasty medical conditions are leaving me in a state where hanging on a phone for an hour waiting for assistance is beyond me at the moment.

The chat line never seems to be working and you would have thought that whoever reset the download cap would have released the upload cap at the same time.

I'm also unhappy about the PN policy of having to have your full name in your email address and not being able to change it, because my names are only shared by a very small number of people in the UK and in these troubled times that leaves me uncomfortable.

Time for a change, I think.

oldgeezer
Grafter

Can anyone tell me how to raise a question on the PN website ?  I've searched high and low but I can't find the way to do it.

The telephone service is dreadful and times of one hour are being quoted.

I raised a question (somehow) a few weeks ago and got my download cap released by PN/BT but my upload is still limited to 444 kb/s.

It's only the thought of what sort of mess PN would make of a transfer that's stopping me moving to another ISP.

hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Yeah you have to go to the BB fault analyser or whatever its called then answer the inane questions in the right order to be allowed through the gates to raise a fault ticket!

While your there lookout for a popup offering chat and say yes, dont wait for it many have said it takes ages but if you get someone to chat to whilst raising your fault ticket they may be able to help you, otherwise its the fault ticket or bust!

Good luck Smiley

Tp-link W8960n on longgggggggg line!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I've placed a order for you which will complete tomorrow.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
oldgeezer
Grafter

Thanks very much for that. With any luck it should stop that way for weeks at a time due to my excellent Billion 7800DXL which hangs on to sync on a 3.5 km EO line like a limpet.