cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload and ping

moley
Grafter

Slow upload and ping

Is there anything that could be checked/done about my relatively slow upload and ping?  What's this 'interleaving' thing all about then?  Tongue

Thanks hopefully!
9 REPLIES 9
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Slow upload and ping

Hi there,
We can place an order to uncap the upstream which should uplift the speed from the 440kbit it's on to around about 1Mb? We could also remove interleaving (currently set to auto though I can't see at present if it's being applied or not) in the same order but if your line is prone to drops at all then it'd be worth leaving that on.
The reason I mention is because a ping time of 48ms is not particularly high and certainly shouldn't interfere with your connection.
Please let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll arrange it for you Smiley
moley
Grafter

Hi Matt,
That was quick, thanks!
I would be happy to go for uncapped upstream and no interleaving  asap. 
However, I am just sorting out a migration from MAAF to Plusnet.  Do I need to get that finished off first?  If not then I am happy to go ahead with these changes - the line is solid.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There'll most likely be a realm change order on the line then, we'll need to wait until that's finished before we can place any more orders. Probably best to wait until the move is done before we change interleaving etc - if you post back here once that's complete we'll get it sorted Smiley
moley
Grafter

Cheers Matt - will do that.
moley
Grafter

Hi,
The switch to Plusnet is all done now.  Pls can we go ahead with the flip over to uncapped upload, and check/change interleaving?
Thanks!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi moley,
I'm not having much joy with our suppliers systems at the moment so I've set myself a reminder to come back to this again later for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The order is in place or you now and should complete tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
moley
Grafter

Many thanks  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, hope it leads to some improvement for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team