cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow throughput

godedd

Slow throughput

Hi all
I have been on Plusnet's 80/20 product for 12 months now. Over the last few months i have noticed my speed gradually decline to this:
1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Download Speed
30.34 Mbps
0 Mbps 55.63 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 30.34 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-55.63 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 55.63 Mbps
2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.
Upload Speed
12.84 Mbps
0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 12.84Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

My estimate was 62.9 mb and my current profile is 55mbps however I cannot get above 30ish mbps. It is the same if i connect direct to the modem via PPPOE. An openreach engineer came out last weekend and couldn't find any faults so plusnet have arranged a 2nd BT visit for a 2nd opinion. PN claim everything is ok their end.
Can anyone suggest anything else that may be causing the slow throughput?
1 REPLY 1
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Slow throughput

I've replied over on Thinkbroadband to you this morning too, but thought I'd reply here with a bit more information I've just found.
The speeds, whilst low, are technically within the thresholds for Fibre (which is possibly why the first engineer said no fault found). Your sync speed hasn't dropped by 25% over 14 days, and your throughput is above the low limit set on Fibre connections.
Having said that, something isn't right. You should be seeing much better speeds on your connection and I can see we're still investigating a fault and have another engineer booked in to visit you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.