cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds

scubacamper

Slow speeds

Hi All
Trying to sort slow speeds, checked it with Plusnet who blame BT - rasied with BT and after been messed around for 2 weeks they blame Plusnet!
Details!
Modem - Belkin FSD8636-4-1
Tests from BTspeedtest
Down 86Kbps
Up 281Kbps
Max achievable 1Mbps
Attenuation Down 86 / Up 31
Data rate - 992Kb
Noise margin  - Down 7 / Up 10
Normal speed on Broadbandspeed checker is 0.2mbps but if BT line test carried out speed lifts to 0.8mbps.
Starting to get very fustrated over the stitulation as having to use dongle to work from home.
Many thanks
Ian
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Slow speeds

Hi there,
I can see you did raise a fault though it looks like you have a noisy phone line - if that's the case it's best reported to your phone provider but please don't mention the broadband if you do, just advise of the phone fault and it should be fixed within a couple of days.
If the phone fault is fixed now then it needs to be pursued as a broadband fault, which needs reporting through http://faults.plus.net as you did previously - unfortunately the previous fault timed out as all the questions weren't completed in time.
Please let us know either way, thanks.
Hope that helps.
scubacamper

Hi Matt
Done all the BT stuff which is like banging your head against a wall twice, reported as a phone fault and they insist the line is ok, so will put another fault in to you guy's.
If I don't get somewhere soon going to scrap BT and go mobile as I'm having to use it now anyway!!
Thanks
Ian
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ian,
Looks like we're just waiting for your response to our ticket reply. Can you tell me if you're using any extension cables/sockets? Do you have a test socket you can plug into?
Jojo Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: scubacamper
Done all the BT stuff which is like banging your head against a wall twice, reported as a phone fault and they insist the line is ok, so will put another fault in to you guy's.

When using the phone is it absolutely clear with no background crackles etc?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)