cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds

absolutepleb
Dabbler

Slow speeds

Hello people. Yesterday BT came out to do some work on my internet exchange because all the phone lines were down in my area. But now, i'm getting extremely slow internet speeds- around 0.7mb download. Normally my download speed is 3.5-4.5mb. Can anyone help?
Edit: also my upload is 0.8mb, apparently the maximum achievable upload speed for my line is 0.83 so its just the download speed which is the problem
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Slow speeds

please provide the information requested here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html and we may be able to help
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi absolutepleb,
We've just run a few non-intrusive checks on your line and it looks as though the fault has ended up lowering your speed profile. I've now upped this back to the rate you had before so you should see the speed return if you can give it a check?
The testing did show a few line errors which aren't a major concern if you're only seeing problems with speed since the fault fix. May be best to keep your eye on it and let us know if you have any additional issue moving forward.
absolutepleb
Dabbler

Hi guys, thanks for the fast replies, it's back to the normal download speed, thanks very much for the assistance. The line errors you are talking about is when someone uses the land line phone and the internet cuts out for around two minutes each time. It's been like that for a long time. It's a problem i can live with, but any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks for your time!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi absolutepleb,
Thanks for letting us know that the speeds are back to normal. Have you tried to swapping the microfilter that you've got for an alternative to see if that fixes the issue with your landline cutting out the broadband?
absolutepleb
Dabbler

Thanks Chris, I will try this when I can get hold of one and report back.
jim:quote
absolutepleb
Dabbler

Would someone mind checking my IP profile again? It seems to have gone back to super slow speed.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I can see your speeds dropped quite significantly, to around 700K this morning.
Can you please visit http://faults.plus.net and complete the Fault Checker so that our Faults Team can get this looked into for you?