cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds on some sites

Richie81
Dabbler

Slow speeds on some sites

I’ve got Fibre Extra unlimited and my broadband connection has been superb for well over a year now.
Just recently in the last 4 weeks, I’ve been experiencing some websites loading extremely slowly. This happens on both my phone and MacBook. I’ve tested switching off the WiFi and onto 4g and the sites load quickly and are responsive.
I have a mesh network Tenda Mw3 (been using it for two years and no issues) I thought it might be this so switched it off and went back to my BThomehub wireless connection (I ditched the plusnet router about two years ago because it was next to useless!).
I’m starting to wonder if it could be interference. The only changes I can think is that the Xbox X has been moved into that room and we’ve bought a new OLed tv.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Is the new Plusnet router any good? I’m just wondering if I should ask for a new router and test that.
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Slow speeds on some sites

Which websites? Loading slowly - you mean they take a long time to come up, or actually take a while to fully load?

John
Richie81
Dabbler

Extremely slow loading like a minute and some just won’t load but try a different website and it loads instantly. I’m wondering now if it is a dns issue. I’ll have another look at the router.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Try doing a traceroute to the affected site - it could be a routing issue.

John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

What web browser are you using? Safari or something else? If you're using Safari, then have you tried an alternative like Chrome or Firefox?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from old Fibre board.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'