cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds, connection drop and router unreachable

amuke

Slow speeds, connection drop and router unreachable

Salutations,

Over the past few months our broadband has been slowing to a crawl laying face down.
When speeds get slow the router GUI is unreachable via wifi or ethernet, it's like the router simply gives up.

I think it's unrelated but I've also noticed that when uploading anything the download seems to stop - it's like the 56k days though in this scenario uploads are a phone call. I've been trying to sync a 300mb file to dropbox over the past couple of day in the evening, but have to pause syncing in order to browse the internet.

Has anyone else experienced these frustrating 'features'? What can I do to unblock the interweb tubes so they flow freely again!?

3 REPLIES 3
amuke

Re: Slow speeds, connection drop and router unreachable

Also - how do I change the Plusnet username my forum username is associated with? I believe it's out of date (I left and came back to Plusnet)?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Testing your line isn't showing anything overly concerning however based on the loop loss for your line I'd expect you to be connected at a higher speed that you currently are:

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 10.6 23.5
SNR Margin: 6.0 3.1
Errored Seconds: 0 1
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 275706 1711688
Speed: 952 12679

Are you connected to the master/test socket with no extension leads?

@amuke wrote:

Also - how do I change the Plusnet username my forum username is associated with? I believe it's out of date (I left and came back to Plusnet)?

That's not something to worry about, we've changed the forum software since then and the usernames don't tie back to accounts any more.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Which router are you using?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.