cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds again

Surfer
Grafter

Slow speeds again

We had this issue back at the beginning of June 2013 and reported it.  It was then resolved but it seems on a temporary basis.  Over the past week speeds have been very slow.  I used the BT Speedtester using the ethernet cable after I had rebooted the modem, but download speed is still 1.25mb.  Very frustrating!   Angry
Can't the issue be rectified permanently?  No ways could we do a download of an On Demand film from Sky as it will take days.  What next do I need to do to resolve the issue as it appears all my equipment is working correctly?
Test results;
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.25 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3.1 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2.5 Mbps
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Slow speeds again

Hi there,
Can't see anything amiss connections wise, your profile's been wavering between 2Mb and 3Mb since June but I can't see any drops on your line that look like they might have caused it. I suspect the best thing to do would be to raise a fault and see what comes of that.
Surfer
Grafter

Thanks Matt.  I have now raised a support note however a test done at 13.42 shows the following;
Download speed achieved during the test was - 1.4 Mbps
Additional Information:
Prior to June the average was about 4.5mbps so 1.4mbps is now quite slow.
Surfer
Grafter

Despite raising a support note on 4th August 2013 we are still suffering from slow download speeds.  Someone sent us a text on 08/08/2013 advising they could not progress due to a fault with the Plus Net software.  I received half a text which made no sense at all and then the other half a couple hours later?  Today i got another text stating that Plus Net had tried to contact me, but failed however I have been at home all day as I am recovering from an operation.  
I am assuming that they tried to phone the mobile number and as we have no mobile coverage throughout most of the house, it failed.  I only receive a text if I happen to step outside.  Why do they ask for a landline number and then  phone you on a mobile phone?
We have been with Plus Net for many years and have recommended other people, but with the latest episode we are beginning to be disappointed.  Why can't they phone on the landline especially as there should be a note on the system stating "Do not use mobile number"!
Please Plus Net get this resolved as soon as possible!
Results today at 13.35;
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.44 Mbps
Additional Information:
Results for test done at 13.45 after firewall, antivirus, wifi all off and ethernet cable used.  Modem was also rebooted.  Seems even worse!
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.22 Mbps
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3.17 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
Surfer
Grafter

Despite contacting the support team through the support notes, they still insist on contacting me via my mobile number and leaving garbled messages.  Time to look for another provider as the standard at Plus Net seems to have dropped considerably recently!  Angry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Surfer,
Really sorry about that. I could opt you out of SMS responses to your fault ticket if you wish? That should stop those messages coming through. I'll also pop a note on your account.
Surfer
Grafter

Thanks Matt.  It is annoying when you state please don't send SMS or try and contact me on mobile phone, but they still do.  We are still waiting for them to resolve the issue as it is getting worse.