cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds - My usage or me?

SimonJDay
Grafter

Slow speeds - My usage or me?

Long story short, I've recently been experimenting with dual booting.  After many, MANY issues with NTLDR missing issues and many reinstalls, I've finally got things sorted (although my boot drive is now H: and my second drive now I:)  Anyhoo, my bb speeds now seem ridiculously low.  I'm 'old school' premier 1 and this months usage is 14.92 GB peak.  After my various reinstalls I'm trying to download World in Conflict updates and I'm getting 30kb download speeds.  On other downloads I'm getting less than 1Mb.  On speedtests (inluding BT's) I'm getting around 900KB downstream.
Up until 2 days ago I got 8MB or pretty damn close.
But I can no longer find the Premier 1 usage limits!  And even so, I though the Traffic management only kicked in on FTP and P2P stuff?
Is it my usage, or have I buggered up my speeds with the re-installs?
(My exchange is 'green' by the way).
Can anyone tell me if it's me or PN buggering things up?
Cheers
Si.
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Slow speeds - My usage or me?

The limits on the legacy BB Premier Option 1 product can be found here.
Once peak time usage goes over 13GB (different) restrictions apply on all traffic types.
David
AJTWWE
Grafter

My speeds are ridiculously low aswell. Its currently off peak yet i am going slower than i was on peak
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

There are over 3% of non-interactive packets being dropped at the moment, double what the value was 24 hours ago. I guess a lot of customers started downloads tonight as the free-usage period commenced causing congestion.
Before midnight the packet drops were insignificant.
David