Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed

trufflesdad
Grafter

Slow speed

d/load speed 0.1m upload speed0.4m Bt test says there is no noise on the line
and the connection is fine..Any advice ?
22 REPLIES
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Slow speed

That definitely sounds faulty. If you run through the checks on our troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net that'll take you through any necessary tests and raise the issue through to the right team here.
Hope that helps,
trufflesdad
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
That definitely sounds faulty. If you run through the checks on our troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net that'll take you through any necessary tests and raise the issue through to the right team here.
Hope that helps,

Have done that also bought a new router cables and filters also contacted Plusnet...Looks like
a mac job...
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 160

We'd appreciate a chance to fix any problems you're seeing, it looks as though you raised the fault through to us yesterday so we're only very early into a fault investigation.
If you do get a MAC and leave then any fault is likely to move with you, especially if you go to another provider who uses the same wholesale technology.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Community Veteran
Fixes: 23

So you should look for an ISP who installs there own equipment in the telephone exchange as this is your only hope of finding yourself in a better situation after you switch.  But it's only a hope; a gamble in fact.
Edit: On reflection, given that you just went out and bought a new router, cables and filters, maybe you like to take a gamble on a long shot?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 160

Your line was very intermittent earlier in the week which has caused a banded profile to be added. Are you plugged into the master socket with all extension leads removed and every socket in use filtered?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
trufflesdad
Grafter

Yes...The only other socket is unplugged. Bt linetest ringback is ok and cannot hear any noise using the quiet option
jim:quote
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

Can you try the test socket which definitely eliminates your internal wiring
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 48

@trufflesdad,
There appears to be a 'chronic' banded profile in place against your connection which is causing the rate limiting. I'm speaking with our suppliers right now to get that removed.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Done,
I've just left an answer phone message for you. This should be sorted as about 10 minutes from now. Please let us know if not.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
trufflesdad
Grafter

Speed after rebooting router 15.7 kbps !!!
dick:quote
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Good start to a Monday morning reading that. Thanks for letting me know. Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Stewthecue
Grafter

15 kbps doesn't sound that good. Was that a typo?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

true, hey it was first thing on a Monday morning Wink I'd definitely not expect the speeds to be that low. I'll check with the OP ASAP.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 23

Whatever you did didn't work Adam.  Trufflesdad seems to have lost faith and started a second thread here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,97643.0.html