cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed since moving to BBYW2

kim432

Slow speed since moving to BBYW2

I moved from BB+ to BBYW2 last week, however I've noticed that my download speeds (from web sites not P2P) have since decreased from an average of 850kbs to 200kbs since switching over. When I visited this page: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed I noticed it says "Your current broadband speed is 2000 Kbps". Has my line been reduced to 2mbs since the switch over and if so why is that when I was having no trouble with the higher speeds previously? The reason I switched over the in the first place was to achieve higher P2P speeds but seeing as I'm now getting significantly slower speeds I'm kinda regretting it!
Hope this makes some sense!
4 REPLIES 4
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Slow speed since moving to BBYW2

What does the [url=http://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/bt_speed_tester.shtml]BT Speedtest/url] say your IP Profile is?
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kim432

I'm getting "Authorisation failed Incorrect Telephone Number - Please try again" when I try to use that link.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hmm looks like someone has altered the profile our end before I had chance to check. Can you reboot your modem/router and see if the speeds have improved please?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kim432

Hi, Sorry for the delayed response.
After posting the first message someone seemed to alter the speed so all is good now. Thank you.  Smiley