cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed on FTTC (Incorrect provisioning?)

camerongray1515
Dabbler

Slow speed on FTTC (Incorrect provisioning?)

Hi,
I had FTTC installed last Wednesday on the "Unlimited Fibre Extra" plan which says it gives up to 76mbps speed.  The line speed estimate when ordering also stated that I should get 77mbps but I am only getting around 37.8mbps down and 1.81mbps up.  I understand that I am still within the 10 day "training" period but this speed still seems far too low for that to be the cause as it has never gone up from this.  I ran the BT Wholesale diagnostics test (attached screenshot) which says that the IP Profile for my line is 38.72mbps and my upstream rate IP profile is 2mbps which seems very low.  I read somewhere else that this means I could have been provisioned on a 40/2 connection rather than the 80/20 I should be on.
In the Member Centre my "Current Line Speed" is listed as "40 Mb".
Can someone please look into this to see what is causing it and ensure that I am provisioned for 80/20 (and if not please correct this), especially with relation to the upload speed as this is fairly critical to me.
Thanks,
Cameron
3 REPLIES 3
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Slow speed on FTTC (Incorrect provisioning?)

Hi Cameron,
I'm really sorry that you're getting lower speeds than expected. I've done some investigation around this and can confirm that you've been provisioned incorrectly on the 40/2 product instead of 80/20. I've placed an order to change this over which should complete overnight tonight - you don't need to do anything.
I'll deal with the feedback of the agent who placed this order and this will be dealt with internally. Really sorry for any inconvenience caused.
camerongray1515
Dabbler

Thanks, That's great!
Should I reboot my modem tomorrow or will it just pick up the change automatically?
xreyuk
Grafter

Reboot the router, not the modem.