Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Slow speed last 48 hours

Any update from BT yet? Evening speed still barely usable Sad
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not at the moment I'm afraid, I'll chase the faults team for you this morning and see what's happening there.
zubel
Community Veteran

If it's an issue of VP's running hot, might it be worth trying out an upgrade to Max Premium to see if it changes the VP that the customer is connected to?
Might alleviate the problem a little, (of course, it may have no affect but nothing ventured etc.)
B.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Even if it doesn't change the VP it would still be worth trying as it also gives higher priority on the BT network.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
caryn
Rising Star

Thank's for the interest in my problem guys, its good to know people read these posts.
Quote from: jelv
Even if it doesn't change the VP it would still be worth trying as it also gives higher priority on the BT network.

I was under the impression that the Pro package I'm on was a prioritised bandwidth (we prmarily use the internet for evening gaming) - is that not the case? If it's not, then I have no idea why I'm paying so much each month lol.
Approaching 6 weeks of unusable evening broadband makes me open to any suggestions Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Pro gives your traffic priority on the Plusnet network so it is worth being on Pro AND Max Premium.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
zubel
Community Veteran

"It has been known" for Plusnet to place customers on the Max Premium product for no charge during exchange VP issues (there is usually a charge of around a tenner a month for it). As soon as the VP issues have been cleared, then the customer is downgraded to a normal product again.
It gives you:
832K upstream instead of 448k
Increased priority over the BT backhaul (before it hits Plusnet)
Ordinarily, it's #1 that people are interested in, and #2 has very little effect as there is generally enough backhaul capacity in place.  However, in your situation #2 is the desirable reason for the upgrade to Max Premium.
Having the Pro product increases your priority over the Plusnet network, and thus you should be seeing line-speed at all times.
All it needs is a friendly Digital Care member to see the thread and to decide whether Max Premium would be a good idea.
Cheers
B.
caryn
Rising Star

I like the sound of that. I've been saying for some time, I don't mind paying for a premium service, I just want a consistent evening speed to play games with.
JoJo... when you're back from your few days off, any chance you can look into that for me please?
Thanks again guys.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI caryn,
I have ordered the Max Premium for your line. This normally takes 24 hours to apply, so if there is going to be any improvement you should see it tomorrow night. I do hope this helps, caryn.
Jojo Smiley
caryn
Rising Star

Thanks for that.
The latest update on my ticket says  "BTW update - We are currently waiting for a regrade to be started but have been advised that there is a delay due to No A-End Bearer Capacity " . Your tech support told me this means the exchange is being upgraded to 21CN , hence the delay. I don't understand how this is relevant to the fault I've reported. Iisn't that a normal planned upgrade rather than to fix the fault? It's making me very nervous that BT may not bother with my fault at all whilst they decide when this work will be done - that could take months Sad
Am I understanding that correctly?
zubel
Community Veteran

I sounds like the VP capacity might be full on the "higher priority" VPs as well as the standard priority ones, although I am speculating here.
"A-End" usually means 'customer end', as opposed to 'ISP end'.  I'm fairly sure the move to Max Premium does not require a physical retermination, but it will require a 'logical' retermination in the fact that at the exchange, your data will be routed over a slightly different pathway to get to Plusnet.  This message seems to indicate there is no capacity to move you over.
Not a great position, but it does likely mean that this exchange is high on BT's list of priorities.  However, CSC may be able to provide further information
B.
caryn
Rising Star

Just did a speed test and looks like the Max Premium is on my line now, the upload was 647. Fingers crossed we see a bit of a speed improvement tonight, it will make it so much easier to wait patiently for BT to do whatever it is that's taking so long  Wink
Wonder if BT will have actually moved along any further when they update today, or if they're still 'monitoring' lol
Cheers JoJo
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi caryn,
I do hope it makes a difference. I'll take a look later and see if there have been any updates and let you know.
Jojo Smiley
caryn
Rising Star

Just reporting back... last nights speed was the highest evening we've ever had at 5meg and this mornig it's up to 5.9 meg. Whatever that temporary fix is you've done, can we keep it forever please?  Tongue
Seriously, if that speed holds out, I'm more than happy to wait till BT can get it sorted properly at the exchange.
So far so good, thanks JoJo.
caryn
Rising Star

Continued great speeds, only temp fix I know but all good for now till BT get on with things Cheesy