Did you mean: 

Slow speed last 48 hours

caryn
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Slow speed last 48 hours

Hey all
First post here, so hope I'm in the right place  Tongue
We've been with Plusnet for some time now, using your pro package, as we fall into the anoraky catagory of World of Warcraft players, needing a consistent speed at peak times. Seems our exchange has a few issues with capacity, but I normally get far better speeds with Plusnet than any of the other ISP's we've been with.
For the last 48 hours, we've had peak speeds of 0.3 meg, rising to a max of 1.7meg off peak, which leaves internet gaming unplayable. We have 3 pc's using the connection and all three have been individually checked for obvious causes, everything been rebooted, plugged in and out, filters swapped around etc etc. So we logged a fault with you yesterday, as it seems its outside of our area.
Really nice people on the phone, who instructed us what to do re speed tesing etc, but after telling us your preffered speed tester isnt working at the moment, said we just have to wait until smeone at plusnet has the time to look at this, which could be Tuesday  Shocked
I know you guys are busy, but I thought by paying for the pro package, (which aint cheap compared to the crappy ISP's that promise you the earth lol), we were assuring things would get fixed quicker when they go wrong.
I don't expect you to wave a magic wand, but I'd find it easier to accept the speed is still dire, if I could see the ticket was being updated with some sort of response, rather than just a blanket 'it's been escalated to the right team awaiting them looking at it'.
God us gamers are needy when you take away our fix arent we Tongue
Thanks for your time anyway guys
64 REPLIES 64
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Slow speed last 48 hours

Hi caryn,
the first thing that springs to mind is our recent 'plan B' status It may be worth performing a packet capture such as wireshark to see if your traffic is prioritised correctly as the plan B would then affect it a lot more.  Your sync rate and profile look good so not sure what else could be causing it all of a sudden.
Jojo Smiley
caryn
Rising Star

Thanks for taking the time to reply Jo.
I've never done that before, could you give me the idoits guide please  Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI caryn,
We have some information here which should help you. Also you can download wireshark here
Hope that helps.
Jojo Smiley
caryn
Rising Star

Thanks a lot, will go take a look now.
caryn
Rising Star

I think I've done the capture ok, how do I link the file for someone to see it? I can't seem to attach it to this forum post.
Cheers
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi caryn,
best thing to do is to raise a ticket on your account and attach it to that so we can have a look at it.
Jojo Smiley
caryn
Rising Star

Hi again Jo
Sorry I'm so rubbish at this, I can't attach the file to my ticket either (35315114). The extension is .pcap, which it doesnt seem to like, was I supposed to save it as something else?
Thanks
Caryn
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI caryn,
email it to reception@plus.net with the ticket number and username in the title and we'll pick it up from there.
Jojo Smiley
caryn
Rising Star

Emailed as requested, thanks again.
Caryn
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi caryn,
Thank you. Some one will look at it in due course.
Jojo Smiley
caryn
Rising Star

Another day, still reeeaally slow, still no speedtester.com working, still no update on my ticket to show anyone has done anything except reply to me on here  Cry
I had an email from you today, letting me know you've taken this months direct debit of £27.49 and I'm sat here thinking how ironic it is, that even paying that amount for broadband, doesn't get me an update from whichever team that are, maybe, looking at the issue. Come on Plusnet don't let me down, I've been telling everyone how realiable you are, great customer service etc ... and apart from Jo's speedy replies (thank you),  I've yet to see it n this case.
Caryn
Cry
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi caryn,
I managed to get that capture and your traffic is prioritised correctly. The fault you opened has now been raised and hopefully we can get a resolution from that.
Jojo Smiley
caryn
Rising Star

Thanks again.
I notice theres a reply to my open ticket now, says its been referred to the supplier, which I assume is BT?
It states "The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Friday 24th September at 12:00pm. This ticket will remain open with the BOT - DSL Logged Faults - Speed until this time". Does this mean there is an identified fault, which wont be looked at by BT till then, or just that if no answer has been given to Plusnet by then they will chase it up? Sorry to nag, just wondering if we're likely to be at this awful speed all week.
Caryn
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi caryn,
there's some info here.
They normally say 'the next action'...etc when we're waiting for an outcome from an escalation. I was just speaking to the faults guy who raised yours and he said we should know something in about 48 hours.
Jojo Smiley