cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed despite upping permitted monthlhy spend

Heather1

Slow speed despite upping permitted monthlhy spend

Hi...
I went over my usage allowance (happens often) and this time my speeds were cut drastically. This has never happened before. The advice was to increase my monthly permitted spend by £1.25 per GB (I have Broadband My Way). This I did. Several hours later the speeds are still awful. Surely I've served my penance?
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Slow speed despite upping permitted monthlhy spend

Assuming the system has processed a charge from that increased permitted spend I'd have expected the cap to be removed. Have you tried disconnecting from Plusnet, then reconnecting using the router's web interface?
Unfortunately the Digital Care Team staff who respond in these forums are unlikely to be here until Monday to pick this up. It's a long wait until then so I suggest giving the CSC a call on 0800 432 0200. The call queue seems to be about 25 minutes at the moment, but should reduce after 10PM.
David
David
picbits
Rising Star

If you've not been advised to already, also look at the unlimited packages Plusnet are offering - if you often go over your allowance, it may be cheaper to move to a more bandwidth friendly package Smiley
Heather1

Thanks David & Dom. I tried disconnecting/reconnecting - no change. I agree that upgrading the package would be sensible but with a community broadband scheme in the offing I may be jumping ship within a few months so don't wish to sign a new contract. I'll try the telephone option.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

There are options for paying more for no contract packages - it may still be worth you doing that even if you anticipate you may be leaving in the near future.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Heather1

Good news: finally got them on the telephone (about 20 mins wait even at 6.45 this morning) and all is now sorted. My increase in permitted spend - done as suggested in their email - in fact should have been done by a different route so didn't register. But thanks all for your interest and advice.