Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed and disconnections

FIXED
Airport
Dabbler

Slow speed and disconnections

Would it be possible for someone to check my connection for the last 2 weeks I have had slow speed with random disconnections.  I did have the router plugged into a phone extension in the living room with the computer connected by LAN. I have now moved the router to the master socket which is in another room and have had to set up WI-Fi connection to my computer and the slow speed are still present.

4 REPLIES 4
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Slow speed and disconnections

Fix

Hi @Airport,

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your service.

After testing the line, your connection appears intermittent and the speed is lower than the estimates. No banding or profile is reducing the speed therefore, could you kindly carry out our troubleshooting guide and raise a fault if the issue persists.

Once complete, let us know on here so we can pick it up as soon as possible for you.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Airport
Dabbler

I have just done the troubleshooting and after a long search for a spare microfilter a broadband speed test site now says I have a speed of around 3.4 which is pretty close to what I would normally get. I will keep an eye on it and will post back here if things goes south again. Not sure if the disconnections are fixed only time will tell.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No worries, keep us posted.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Airport
Dabbler

Well, it has now been 48 hours or there about with no further problems so I guess this thread can be closed now. Thanks again for your help.