cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow slow and slow

missamandacook

Slow slow and slow

Slow wifi slow customer service. I am not happy. I was told I should be able to leave with cooling off period but on website it says 14 days from sign up and not when it went live. Complete and utter rubbish. Cant even do basics its so slow. Should have known better than to risk switching.
3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Slow slow and slow

If the speed you're getting is below estimated speeds provided by PN at outset you have a valid case, but
they're not in control of wifi. Try hard wired connection to the router, and see if that improves.
Additionally if you're using a PN Hub One router try turning off the 5ghz band, and see if that assists?
Lastly you may be suffering interference from neighbours using same frequency as your router; go into router settings
and turn off automatic and set a channel manually; a programme such as the free inSSIDer one will show
what wifi channels are in local use; switch your router to the one LEAST BUSY.
missamandacook

Hard wire all my devices to the router dont make me laugh the wifi is garbage that is that. Im tired of it
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there. Our tests aren't finding any issues.

Can you run a BT speedtest at http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com using a wired connection, completing the further diagnostics at the end? This will store the result on the supplier system and will help us in reporting a fault to our suppliers.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet