cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow or no connection wifi

justinandtash

Slow or no connection wifi

The broadband finally got connected today, it connects to all devices we have tried both singularly and together and shows a strong wifi signal but anything we try just takes forever to load or doesn't load at all (even plus nets home page) my husband rang this evening and we were told our line and speed is all spot on and to try changing the channel. We have done this but it makes no difference to anything what so ever. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be please? I am connected to the wifi on my phone but it's just so slow. We also tried the Xbox, it connects and again shows strong signal but then when you try to play it says no service. I hope this is enough information and you can understand. Would hugely appreciate a response. Many thanks, Tash
5 REPLIES 5
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Slow or no connection wifi

Are you on ADSL or fibre, and is it ok when you connect your computer via an ethernet cable?

justinandtash

We are on ADSL and it's just as bad via the Ethernet cable..
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Assuming you set it up according to their instructions, were you not warned that it could take up to 10 days or so for it to achieve its optimum speed?

When I migrated to PN I got the expected speed straight away, but when I changed router with my previous ISP, the speed was terrible initially (0.17Mbps).

justinandtash

Ok thank you, no we were not told this, so do you think this is likely the issue?
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

So what are your expected speeds when you put your phone number in the DSL Checker?