cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet

Nramtulla

Slow internet

After 2 weeks of waiting for them to set up Internet I got Internet yesterday but it is so slow. It takes forever to open a browser on my phone. Sometimes it struggles to even open Google because it is so slow.
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Slow internet

@Nramtulla Welcome to the forums. A little more information is needed if Community members are going to be able to help.

First question is - Is this an ADSL or FTTC connection? Second question is - do you have something more than a phone to use?

Answers to those questions may enable us to help you.

John
Nramtulla

This is an ADSL connection and even on a laptop loading web browsers is taking forever.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

OK, in that situation, I will offer the following advice:-

Plusnet staff support, like the phone service, is still severely restricted. If you would like help from the community, a good starting point is to have a look at This post and supply as much detail from it as possible.

It would also be a good idea to carry out a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone and select option 2 - there should be no discernable noise. If there is, report a phone fault first, as without a clear phone connection, your broadband will not perform correctly.

It may be an idea to also report your lines capabilities - please post your results from THIS site, but ensure your phone number is obscured/hidden.

If you reply to this topic with as much detail as possible, there are plenty of experienced members who can advise on possible remedies.

If you decide to also post on the Twitter/Facebook accounts and get a response from there, please come back here and say so.

John