Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow forums? - SOLVED

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Slow forums? - SOLVED

Morning all
Is it just me, or have these forums suddenly become extremely slow to load? All other sites are working perfectly, but searching or viewing a post on here is taking up to a minute at a time.
Edit - submitting is instantaneous, though.  Huh
John
5 REPLIES 5
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Slow forums?

Not noticed anything different from normal, just the usual glitches.
jab1
Legend

Thanks for that - but I'm still suffering from 'walking through treacle' loading on here, everything from logging in  onwards takes forever. As an aside, I've also had problems with email collection. Mailwasher reporting timeouts, and Tbird again taking ann age to connect to mail.plus.net.
Would a gateway hop do anything to help?
John
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Possibly, probably, but check which Gateway you are on first so you can report that problem if a Gateway hop solves it. However, are you connected to the modem/router by ethernet cable or wireless. If wireless it could be problems with that particular wireless channel. Run some speed checks first - BT speedtester, Thinkbroadband, Mybroadband speed etc to confirm whether it's connection issues or just this site.
(If you go to Gateway hop - do so by Disconnecting then reconnecting your PPP Internet session in your modem/router Interface - not by a reboot!).
jab1
Legend

Sorry for the gap in replying Anotherone - bad night = quick nap - but having left everything for an hour or so, it all seems to have come back normal, including MW. Huh
Will keep my eye on things between other activities, but I'm not going to be on here a lot today.
John
jab1
Legend

FYI, Anotherone - solved! It was the work on ptn-ag04.
Sorry I didn't post earlier, as soon as I found it, but had to go out.
John