Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow fibre speeds plusnet!!

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Slow fibre speeds plusnet!!

I am still experiencing slow speeds and high pings.  Normally I get 55mbits down and 17mbits up. My normal ping is 17ms and my high ping is around 23+ms.
I am getting tired of this now!!!  It should be solved and I hope I get some credit off my bill as I am very unhappy  Angry Angry
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
5 REPLIES 5
kelvin
Grafter

Re: Slow fibre speeds plusnet!!

How long has this been going on James? Mine was fine after installation on Monday but has really gone down hill this evening with speeds dropping from >60Mbps to less than 12.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

TBH I haven't done a speedtest in a few weeks, but I have experienced sluggish speeds. I have had complaints from my daughter saying that youtube sometimes buffers. and same from the wife on SKY OD (onDemand) and Iplayer etc... My speedtest is indicating
Did I also mention that my upload speed has dropped a mbit and I am on 80/20 fibre not 40/10
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I changed my WIFI channel and slight increase by 2mbits not much!. this is wireless. I am going to hook up laptop to router and see if things improve. Sad
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

See my speed result here.  It has improved fairly but have moved location of router out of corner into centre of room.  A lot of wire tugging  Wink Anyway I hope WIFI speed increases overnight when it finds a steady channel.  My daughter admitted she changed the homehub settings when I specifically told her not to. (When the gateways were slow) She changed it to a fixed channel rather than Smart Wireless. What a numpty Grin
Hope you manage to fix yours, if you log onto technicolor router and click Broadband then DSL it should have disconnect. Click disconnect then wait 30 secs before connecting again. This is just to hop gateways incase that bug is still going on.
Jamie
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Plusnet
EDIT: Disregard this post, It was a mistake  Undecided