cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow evening broadband

Fulham1

Slow evening broadband

I have recently joined Plusnet from BT with ADSL and every evening from around 6pm onwards, the throughput speed drops from around 9mbps to as low as 1mbps. I spoke to a gentleman over the weekend and it was suggested I could be moved to a less hot connection as it was likely due to congestion, but someone would get back to me.

I have gone through general troubleshooting and this has not improved the broadband speed in the evening although it is fine during the day.

Please could you ask your suppliers to move me onto a "cooler" (less congested) VLAN to improve my broadband speed?

1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Slow evening broadband

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your broadband speeds in the evening.

I've checked your exchange and there are no capacity issues reported in your area.

In addition our testing hasn't identified any issues with your service. If you're still having issues please follow the steps below we can investigate further please connect your computer/laptop to the router with an ethernet cable and run the BT Speedtester service at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

You must ensure that you have no other programs running at the same time such as streaming, general browsing and the most common one is antivirus programs downloading updates in the background. This must be done on a wired connection and not wireless Once the initial result is completed please click Further Diagnostics. Please type in your phone number and click run diagnostic test. This will run a test and send the results to the server for investigation

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team