cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download speed, but fast upload?

theberrys
Grafter

Slow download speed, but fast upload?

I am on the Plusnet Fibre Extra product, the one with 80/20 download/upload speed and current speed tests show that I am getting 30mb download and close to 19mb upload.  The speed estimate on my account shows close to 60mb download.  What should I do to diagnose the speed problem?
5 REPLIES 5
AndyHamp
Grafter

Re: Slow download speed, but fast upload?

Greg,
sorry i can't help you but i've just switched to the 80/20 service from the 40 version .... i was getting 36/1.5 ... now i'm getting 35/17 ! I guess we're going to have to call customer services ...
Andy
AndyHamp
Grafter

Followed advice written elsewhere and powered of the modem for 10 minutes and it has resynced at 64/16  Grin
I'd suggest you do the same ... shame the email from plus.net didn't say this needed to be done ....
Andy
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi................I also changed my account from 40/10 and my download speed is down for last few days.......Did a reset on both modem and router and no change.......Roger
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi G3YBO,
Are you using a wired or wireless connection? Your profile is set correctly, if you are using a wired connection then I would suggest raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net If not then please try with a wired connection and see if there is any difference.
Chris
theberrys
Grafter

Also, if any of you are connected to your router via powerline, I suggest you connect directly to the router with an Ethernet cable and re run the speed test.  I did a speed test with my 200mbps powerline kit and maxed out at 30mb, but I just tried connecting directly to the router and it was hitting 60mb.  I guess I need to update my connection to the router.  I am using the TP-Link AV200 200Mbps Mini Powerline Starter Kit and it just cannot deal with the speeds Sad
Significant difference in speed when using direct wired Ethernet vs powerline Ethernet